has anyone done this

More
14 years 2 months ago #12150 by rob
has anyone done this was created by rob
i/we have just sold our lsb :) and are moving back into town[:0], i was wondering is there anyone out there done the same. we are really nervous about moving, but excited about buying a new place. after 13 years on the land it does seem strange.
questions,
1 will i have to burn my gumboots
2 can i still set up my electric fence unit around my new place, that will fix the cat problem :D
3 can i keep my, whats wrong with these pair of jeans? :rolleyes:i always ask my wife
4 can i still run naked around my property :p
5 will i start to drink those funny coffee drinks and speaking with a snobbish voice
6 will i start to support the blues[:0][:0][:0]
7 will i be banned from this site

BUT I WILL NEVER STAND FOR BEING CALLED A JAFFA OR A TOWNIE, i draw the line at that.

i need help

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #188713 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic has anyone done this
Rob, mate, I'm afraid I can't help with those questions, but when you sold the block, I'm afraid you left yourself legally open to being called a JAFA and a townie :D

Congrats by the way! How far into town are you going? Not an apartment or anything hideous I presume?

More
14 years 2 months ago #188718 by Sunflower
Replied by Sunflower on topic has anyone done this
I have dreamt about it, and it's always a nightmare[}:)] :p
It would make sense to live in town, because of the milage, but I couldn't handle neighbours, that fills me with horror..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

More
14 years 2 months ago #188720 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic has anyone done this
1) Wearing gumboots in the city os not cool
2) Electric fencing is a def. no-no
3) Holey jeans are cool. ..city folk are wearing them
4) No nakedness unless you want to get yourself arrested
5) Yes, there are all sorts off dif. coffee you can buy thesedays.
6) The blues? Nah...stick with Counties
7) 1/4 acre is still a lifestyle
8) JAFFA? Oh yes mate, you will be one of those

Where are you moving to by the way ???

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #188725 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic has anyone done this
Do all of the above rob as you were but go do it in a lift, go see my 'things to do in a lift' thread, i think that would be so much fun!

Of course if you do miss the old block there's plenty of LSBers in that area would love to have you come help!

More
14 years 2 months ago #188726 by rob
Replied by rob on topic has anyone done this
we are staying in Puke for 2-5 years and would like to then move onto Nelson(awesome place)

Rob

More
14 years 2 months ago #188727 by rob
MM, i may have to do this, i am not getting rid of my fencing tools

Rob

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #188731 by maggies mum
well I think that you should come here forthwith and do some fencing, I would hate for your tools to go rusty, and yer want to keep yer hand in of course!

More
14 years 2 months ago #188763 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic has anyone done this
nearly 4 years ago we moved from a 1 acre block in Otaki, back down to Porirua (Whitby) we had only been in Otaki 1 year and I missed the 2 kids we had left behind and hubby was sick of the travelling into wellington every day for work. well we HATED every minute. The street was full of snobs very unwelcoming. Didn't see the kids more like we thought we would. Houses seemd way way too close, it was a nightmare and within 5 months our dear agent found this place and we were back here in a shot.
I wish you luck and hope that it works out for you. You may really enjoy the change, and if you are thinking of heading to Nelson later well I am sure you will be fine. Nelson is a lovely place.

More
14 years 2 months ago #188765 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic has anyone done this
What do the cats think about this?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #188784 by rob
this is the thing we have to be careful about as none of them know what a main road looks like, we would still like a good sized section around us, will miss our own meat though, the stuff you get in the shops is rubbish, the butchers in Pokeno looks good, we just had a beast killed so long time yet.

Rob

More
14 years 2 months ago #188856 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic has anyone done this
You will still be able to have your own meat killed for you. You will just have to buy the animal 28 days before it is butchered, from a present neighbour, and go out each day to look after it.

More
14 years 2 months ago #188883 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic has anyone done this
Yes Rob I have, although not by choice and I'm assuming that your doing it because you want to.

I took my gumboots, overalls, chainsaw and Swandri. I resented that I couldn't walk around the house naked unless the curtains were drawn closed and I wore my holey trousers at weekends and couldn't give a stuff what the neighbours thought. As it happened they thought I was eccentric as I took to all the trees with the chainsaw. They had never seen the likes. Doubt you will have much need for the electric fence but suggest you keep it along with the wire strainers and fencing pliers for when you move back to the country :)

Good luck with your move - and for whatever reason your doing it for.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
14 years 2 months ago #189076 by rob
Ronney,
yes is our choice, we have had land for 13 odd years and just want to try and see, the thing is i cannot see a problem walking around naked, better put clothes on when doing the lawns i guess

Rob

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #189077 by maggies mum
Especially this time of year rob, heck it could bet really nippy and thingS could head North for the winter, if ya know what I mean!

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds