Converting a pdf file

More
14 years 2 months ago #12149 by Louise W
Is it at all possible to convert a pdf file back to a word document so you can type into it?? Have a job application here but no printer ink - want to fill out the form but as it is a pdf, I can't :(

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #188703 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Converting a pdf file
Not usually, nicely, or quite not really within Acrobat reader. It depends on the settings they set when they created it. Some allow a sort of a copy/paste which sometimes works (but formats badly), up to not even allowing the doc to be printed.

This is the reason pdfs are used - so you can't take/use/change a document for your own purposes. Also so anyone can create a document in some obscure program you haven't heard of (like AutoWordCreator), and you will still be able to open and view in Acrobat reader.

There is also the idea that they want all the applications to be received by post, on paper. This includes a signature.

Not very helpful for you, but I can always try to extract it using Acrobat full here if you wish.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 2 months ago #188717 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Converting a pdf file
As you are invited to apply electronically, I would assume that it would be considered ok. The thing is, I am sure I have done it in the past when I was working but I cannot remember the specifics. Could I send the document to you?

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
14 years 2 months ago #188739 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Converting a pdf file
Most times I can copy and paste text from a pdf using Acrobat Professional. That's about the only way I can convert mine to word docs if needed...[:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 2 months ago #188742 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Converting a pdf file
I can give it a go...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 2 months ago #188743 by moggy
Replied by moggy on topic Converting a pdf file
you can with adobe acrobat (ie the actual program for creating them, not just the reader)
Alternatively you could run it through OCR and create a word document that way

More
14 years 2 months ago #188806 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Converting a pdf file
Don't worry about it guys - will just get it printed out somehow and fill it out the old fashioned way, LOL!

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
14 years 2 months ago #188865 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Converting a pdf file
good luck with the job application - I'm currently in the same boat and seem to spend all my time doing the same - applying for jobs. We have OCR software and a scanner so I did it that way but the person receiving it couldn't open it!!!!!!!!! There is also special conversion software but it is never perfect and lots of things tend to get messed up.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
14 years 2 months ago #188904 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Converting a pdf file
Hi Lou,

can't help with the original question - sorry.
But can help with cheap computer ink. I have an Epson, which is supposed to only use Epson inks at around $25 each. Found a place that sells compatible inks for $5 each - and they work. But you need to replace them all - not just one colour, to get them to work properly, so it costs me $35 (I get 2 black, and one each of the coloured) to replace all my inks instead of $140 each time.
The quality is fine for what I use it for.
They sell via internet and if you want their contact details, PM me and will send to you.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds