Missing Emails

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186402 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Missing Emails
Have been thinking that, cos it's not hassle if you change your ISP too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186408 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Missing Emails
That's the real reason I changed to gmail. I have been, and am currently, with Xtra but I am not sure that that will always be so. If you want, you can have other mail forwarded to gmail, I think if you're really keen you can probably forward your gmail on to a different address, and it's accessible while you're out and about (ie in town or in a different country).

Just a thought :)

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186438 by poaka
Replied by poaka on topic Missing Emails
Oskatd..I am on paradise and the webmail page has a spam folder assigned to you.. yer stuff might be in there but in saying that it has a timer and disappears off the end after X number of days

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy. [:)]

3 Beef Roasts and Mince
40 Chicken Roasts and Omelettes
25 Pigeon Pies left after Falcon dined out,. 5 pheasants
plus 3 pig dogs

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186509 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Missing Emails

Prim;158497 wrote: If you want, you can have other mail forwarded to gmail, I think if you're really keen you can probably forward your gmail on to a different address...

Yes indeed. And in fact it gets even better:

- You can selectively forward incoming e-mails to a different address.

For example, Inger and I share a single TradeMe account. Rather than one of us needing to forward e-mails to the other concerning particular TradeMe auctions we are following, I have TradeMe set up with Inger's address, so she gets all the e-mails initially.

But if Gmail spots a message from TradeMe, it forwards a copy on to me as well [^]

You can have many different forwarding rules set up according to various criteria.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186673 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Missing Emails
I regularly receive email for someone with the same first name as me. I had one recently - the sender was sending from an Xtra address to another Xtra address, but her emails were coming to me at a paradise address. It happened whether she typed in the address, replied to an email, or chose it from her saved addresses. Drove us both nuts!

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #186686 by debnjohn
Replied by debnjohn on topic Missing Emails
I have 'lost' emails in the past, only to realise that they were present but filed under the wrong date and time - souldn't see the wood for the trees. This was because the battery on the PC's motherboard was dying and the system date was sporadically getting corrupted when switching off.

John

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" Albert Einstein

More
12 years 9 months ago #382470 by zlatan24
Replied by zlatan24 on topic Missing Emails
.dbx viewer has all necessary probabilities for working out troubles related to bad dbx files. It can repair dbx files after various issues - power failures, viruses. The tool view restored dbx files for you.

More
12 years 9 months ago #382485 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic Missing Emails
*gulp* I did a real double-take to see wino replying :( :( :(

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds