Missing Emails

More
14 years 2 months ago #12021 by oskatd
Missing Emails was created by oskatd
I seem to lose emails from time to time (careless I know :rolleyes:). In particular one friend I email, either my emails go astray, or her replies do. Is this a common problem? Is there anyway of finding out where they go, or tracing the problem? Is very frustrating......[B)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #186198 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic Missing Emails
Have you checked your junk mail & spam folders? It's amazing what gets caught in them sometimes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 2 months ago #186209 by wino
Replied by wino on topic Missing Emails
the strangest one I ever had was the email that turned up about something that had happened months before - so I checked the date and it had been sent six months before, from an xtra email addy to an xtra email addy... I have this vision of it floating round in cyberspace somewhere bouncing off things and finally getting to the right place.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

• Toni - Northland
14 years 2 months ago #186210 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Missing Emails
If you are on xtra, go to your webmail and there they will be.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #186217 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Missing Emails
Have yer tried looking down behind the cushions on yer sofa? You'll be amazed what you'll find in there!

More
14 years 2 months ago #186218 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Missing Emails
Nope, not xtra! Am on paradise (Telstra) and have to say I don't have a spam folder, never ever having had one piece of spam... I just use outlook express..... So none the wiser!

More
14 years 2 months ago #186227 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Missing Emails
I have just changed from ISP Actrix (who have a spam filter) to Nettel (who don't).

Now, I haven't had any spam yet (I guess that won't take long :( ) but I have had HEAPS of my emails go "missing", especially to people using Xtra and mostly since that new software upgrade a few months ago.

Spoook sent me four emails in half an hour a few weeks ago, catching up on the previous fortnight's worth of news! Very frustrating.

I've also noticed with my work address, I will reply to a query and never get a response. I'm wondering now if it's because my email never reached them.

More
14 years 2 months ago #186228 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Missing Emails
Glad it's not just me.... Can't remember my password to check the webmail...

Nothing down the back of the couch, not even a couple of bucks, stink!

More
14 years 2 months ago #186281 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Missing Emails
Just a wee suggestion here...

Ditch your ISP's e-mail account and use Google Mail (Gmail).

- Mail never goes "missing" -- you can easily see what's in your Spam folder if by chance it went in there.

- Inger and I both use Gmail, and so far, we have never had any e-mail falsely tagged as Spam.

- Occasionally, Inger gets some obvious spam which sneaks through into her Inbox, but it's easy to report it with one click.

- Gmail is just one click away whenever you do a search. Just click on the link at the top of the page to access your account.

- Gmail has the best Spam Filter I have ever encountered. None of the ISP-provided filters even come close to Gmail's filter.

- You can continue to use Outlook Express with Gmail. The only time I need to use the Web Mail interface is for reporting some more of Inger's Spam (I get none, she gets quite a lot, but the vast majority is caught by Gmail's Spam Filter [8D] ).

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 2 months ago #186339 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Missing Emails

GrantK;158360 wrote: Just a wee suggestion here...

- Inger and I both use Gmail, and so far, we have never had any e-mail falsely tagged as Spam.

Might pay to remain cautious, the SOH's monthly child support statements go to a gmail account, and I have found it in the spam folder once or twice....

More
14 years 2 months ago #186340 by max2

Pumpkingirl;158304 wrote: I have just changed from ISP Actrix (who have a spam filter) to Nettel (who don't).

Now, I haven't had any spam yet (I guess that won't take long :( ) but I have had HEAPS of my emails go "missing", especially to people using Xtra and mostly since that new software upgrade a few months ago.

Spoook sent me four emails in half an hour a few weeks ago, catching up on the previous fortnight's worth of news! Very frustrating.

I've also noticed with my work address, I will reply to a query and never get a response. I'm wondering now if it's because my email never reached them.

Before you changed your ISP PG, when I emailed you either in reply or a new message, your account would say I wasn't on your "approved" list (or similar type message) and to reply to the message so it would be accepted as genuine.....

I know once you didn't reply back to an email that I had written after an ongoing "talk", but presumed you were just busy.... :confused:

But I have had a lot of troubles with my emails not getting through to someone on Xtra.... which is frustrating because its all about the rebuild specs.[xx(]

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #186346 by maggies mum
Of course if e-mails are very important there's always snail mail!

Remember how we used to do it in the old days, ya popped yer important stuff in an envelope, put a stamp on it and someone popped in in mailbox at the other end! Marvellous really eh!

;) ;) ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #186357 by max2

maggies mum;158432 wrote: Of course if e-mails are very important there's always snail mail!

Remember how we used to do it in the old days, ya popped yer important stuff in an envelope, put a stamp on it and someone popped in in mailbox at the other end! Marvellous really eh!

;) ;) ;)

funny though how cheques still get "lost" when you are waiting on payment for something....[}:)]

• maggies mum
14 years 2 months ago #186359 by maggies mum
Probably never posted in the first place lol!

More
14 years 2 months ago #186368 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Missing Emails

GrantK;158360 wrote: Just a wee suggestion here...

Ditch your ISP's e-mail account and use Google Mail (Gmail).

Agree wholeheartedly! Best move I've ever made.

And, if you don't want too, you need never delete an email ever again, what with your 6606MB of storage. Very, very handy. :)

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds