A long time ago on the 1st of April ...

More
14 years 3 months ago #11912 by Isla
www.radionz.co.nz/ A little way down the page is a section called "Sound Archives", with a link to some audio from 1946. My Father used to tell us about this sort of stuff and laugh like a drain!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #184530 by Ghilly
I played this to Kim last night. She had a giggle. I could just see all those closets opening and blankets and rugs being hung over the radio. HA!

Kim found a clip of a British April Fools from years ago. It was about the bumper crop of spaghetti bushes in Italy and Switzerland.
Apparently, when Kim was young, the family would drive to Italy for the holidays. Her Dad told her Mum to go and look for the spaghetti growing on a bush. He told her it was a spaghetti bush so off she went to see if she could find any 'fruit' growing.
I just LOVE the correctness of the broadcaster. I know people sling off and laugh at the BBC type of training the broadcasters got way back then but hells teeth, at least you knew what they were talking about. Pictures rather than Pitchers etc.

Yakut

More
14 years 3 months ago #184646 by eelcat
very good! My parents used to play this sort of thing to my brother and I as kids too.

Yakut - there's also the macaroni worm found in Italy as well and the banana benders found in Bolivia and Florida! Things were funny then. :D :D

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds