Losing Track of Time

More
14 years 2 months ago #11805 by Ronney
Losing Track of Time was created by Ronney
Kevin mentioned this afternoon that his drivers licence runs out in June and because of his age, if he wants to keep his endorsements, he's going to have to have a medical. Thinking that we had both got our 10 year licences within a couple of months of each other, I thought I had better check up on mine because it would be coming up too. It certainly was. I've been driving around without a licence for the last 14 months[^] Not only that, I was breathalised just before Christmas (at 11am!) and they also looked at my licence and never picked up that it was already 10 months out of date.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #182690 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Losing Track of Time
Whew you were lucky... I did a mad dash around and renewed everything after being 16 hrs without my AA plus and breaking down.. so couldnt use it... boo hooo after 30 yrs plus a member.. I actually have no idea when my lic. runs out.. but wont look now and hope no body else wants to either... cos I hit the road in 3 hrs time so cant do anything about it anyway.
buy a lotto ticket, [;)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #182699 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Losing Track of Time
Oh crickey ... mines OK but I think I better check Terry's ... I am positive we were suppose to renew it on his birthday ..... in Janurary!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Thanks Ronney

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #182700 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Losing Track of Time
Ronnie! That person around here of the same age had to do it last year and I just never thought to ask if you'd remembered. Did you not get the renewal reminder? Can you now simply renew, or do you have to resit? [}:)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #182701 by [email protected]
I had to do mine recently but i got a letter telling me my licence was due in a month or so.

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
14 years 2 months ago #182705 by OakhengeFarm
Replied by OakhengeFarm on topic Losing Track of Time
Apparently they have tied the drivers licence renewals to your birthdays. Your drivers licence must be renewed in the month you have a birthday with a 5 or a 0 on the end - ie your 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th etc. I suppose those are the memorable ones (or the more depressing - lol!), and makes it a bit easier to remember, once you know the logic of it. I notice they've stopped calling it a lifetime licence though - especially since it has an expiry date!

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
14 years 2 months ago #182711 by Isla
Oakhenge, they must have shortened its life(time) even further in your part of the country! It's every birthday ending in 5.

More
14 years 2 months ago #182721 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Losing Track of Time
Must go and check mine, I've lost track they have changed the system so many times. Didn't we have a life time licence a while back then they changed their minds and took it back and made it 10 years?

I got sucked well and truely last time mine needed renewing. I was about to get married in the march and it needed doing in the february so I went in and explained and said should I just do it when I got married as there would be a change of name. No, I was assured do it now and when you bring your marriage cert in we can just issue a new one in the new name, no problem. So I paid my $55 (I think it was) got the renewal, went in two weeks later with the marriage cert, surprise surprise - its $55 to issue a new licence! The bugga's.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #182730 by Isla

The Kats Place;154535 wrote: .... No, I was assured do it now and when you bring your marriage cert in we can just issue a new one in the new name, no problem. So I paid my $55 (I think it was) got the renewal, went in two weeks later with the marriage cert, surprise surprise - its $55 to issue a new licence!

Surely you didn't pay it?

More
14 years 2 months ago #182760 by The Kats Place
I did because you now need to show you licence (photo ID) for internal flights and the name needs to be the same as the name on the ticket.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #182835 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Losing Track of Time

The Kats Place;154581 wrote: I did because you now need to show you licence (photo ID) for internal flights and the name needs to be the same as the name on the ticket.

So you need a driver's licence to travel? What if you don't have one?

A

More
14 years 2 months ago #182842 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Losing Track of Time
Not if you depart from Onerahi [Whangarei] [^]

More
14 years 2 months ago #182864 by The Kats Place
Not necessarily a licence but the checkin staff are ment to check photo ID. Thats been fairly standard since 9/11

kats

More
14 years 2 months ago #182915 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Losing Track of Time
Apparently they did send a reminder but it was to the last address they had for me which was Taupo. Anyway, it was no big drama as it turns out. Went in today, was supposed to take some bill like an electricity account to prove that I lived where I said I did but forgot to do so but she accepted some scruffy receipt from the jewellers from when I had my watch repaired, filled in the form, did the eye test, had another photo taken which took several attempts because we were laughing too much over my shortness, got issued with a temporary licence and that was it.

The humour for you Isla is that I was on my way to pick up the ram so I was wearing BLUE OVERALLS.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
14 years 2 months ago #182919 by Isla

Ronney;154740 wrote: ...The humour for you Isla is that I was on my way to pick up the ram so I was wearing BLUE OVERALLS.

I think I'm one of the few people in the area who actually recognises you without them! Evidence the weaner fair, when nobody knew who you were! [;)]

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds