100 teenagers

More
14 years 3 months ago #11724 by oskatd
100 teenagers was created by oskatd
Have just found out that neighbours down our drive are planning a combined 'birthday party' with 100 15 and 16 year olds invited. They are allowed to bring alcohol and have promised to turn down the music at 1pm. The kids of the family having the party are great kids, if it was 100 kids like them I probably wouldn't be so concerned, but I get the feeling this isn't going to end well....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #181562 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic 100 teenagers
Is this one of the parties where every kid texts 10 of their friends? 1pm on which day? Hopefullly you meant 1am. [;)] Good luck. How far away are they?

More
14 years 3 months ago #181564 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic 100 teenagers
From my recollection (sometimes a bit hazy) of the Liquor Licensing Act, it is illegal to supply underage(under 18) persons with alcohol, or allow the consumption of such by underage persons on your property (unless they are family members i.e. mum and dad allowing it at a family meal etc)

I do stand to be corrected on this one.....

I would also be concerned with so many young folk in one place and alcohol allowable. Several incidents over the past year have ended very badly.

More
14 years 3 months ago #181589 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic 100 teenagers
I would definitely be worried ..... Are the local police aware that this is planned (I would hope so) ... maybe the odd drive by to keep a check on things. Even though the kids you know are good kids ... 100 teenagers + alcohol = potential disaster.
Good luck ... hope all goes well

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 3 months ago #181591 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic 100 teenagers
Duh, yes, meant 1am... I was surprised to hear they were allowed alcohol, too - surely it's not legal? I think the idea is to park the horse truck over the cattle stop to prevent gate crashers, but being so far out of town you'd think it was unlikely there would be many keen enough to drive this far (it's not a great road). Time will tell.....

More
14 years 3 months ago #181600 by Giddyup
Replied by Giddyup on topic 100 teenagers
*shudder*

15 acres, 9 horses, 7 sheep, 50 chickens, 1 jersey cow, 3 black cats, 1 border/beardie cross, 2 cockateils, several possums and....3 teenagers[}:)]

More
14 years 3 months ago #181602 by oskatd
quite...

• chooky
14 years 3 months ago #181618 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic 100 teenagers
Did you say 100 or 1000 - cripes it could end up the latter - and are the the parents going to be on site ??

More
14 years 3 months ago #181620 by NancyF
Replied by NancyF on topic 100 teenagers
do you remember the advert on tv a few years back.. 'party at Kelly Brown's'???... it was one of those horrible adverts that you watch and think .. thank goodness it's not going to happen to me....

well.... one of my friends had a daughter called Kelly.. and guess what their last name was!!!!... well she had a party and the word got out.. 20 friends all invited 20 more who invited ... you get the picture... and .... I had a frantic phone call at some ungodly hour of the night from her, barricaded in her house with hundreds of kids on the lawn, while she waited for the police to arrive and break things up!!!!.. :(

and this was a mother who was very careful, lived miles out of town, on a remote property and was still swamped with kids.. at least these kids were legally able to drink but even so it was a nightmare for her... plus one kids alleged she was sexually attacked (changed her story later so who knows).. but still not a pleasant experience for the whole family.... plus how do you stop them all from jumping in their cars and going off to the next party once this one is broken up... scary stuff..

I'd be very worried about the situation.. might not be on your property but could easily spill over and in these very dry weather conditions with smokers (as they are bound to be.. ).. anything could happen... get a nana nap this afternoon.. you are not going to be getting any sleep tonight... good luck.. hope it all works out ok in the end...

More
14 years 3 months ago #181766 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic 100 teenagers
How did it go?

More
14 years 3 months ago #181767 by oskatd
Tomorrow night, easter sunday. Just as well we're not religious, huh.

More
14 years 3 months ago #181773 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic 100 teenagers
Mentioned this to hubby, his reaction was the same as mine: since when are 15-16 year olds allowed access to alchohol at parties where their parents aren't present?? [:(!] Then I discovered, that yes, parents can allow underage kids to drink at a private gathering. Good grief. How stupid is that.

However, regardless of what is legal or not, there is also common sense involved. I can't believe parents (of the host kids) can be so irresponsible. Whatever happened to 'no, not in my house you don't, you are too young to drink?'. As Dr Phil would say, [;)] 'who's the parent here?' A beer with mum and dad is, I'd argue, a different thing altogether than a full on party of this sort.

Don't start me on the line of 'but if we don't provide them with alcohol in a controlled/supervised environment (yeah right) they will go off and find it elsewhere and get into trouble.'

Thus spaketh one who had little sleep Thursday night as one party-hardy neighbour (who's partying mates bring round little kids who have to try and sleep through the racket and take care of themselves the next day when the adults are not in any state to) had another all-nighter Thursday night. Again, a great role model for the kids to follow.

Good luck, Oskatd, I feel for you :(.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 3 months ago #181958 by oskatd
Well, so far not too bad. The music is quite loud, although all we get is the bass (the worst bit). Have just put the horses in the yards, as my young horse was freaking out - think he was thinking it was races in the dark! Old horse happy as larry doing whatever - nothing phases him (5 years on the race track will do that for a horse, me thinks). Now Lucy is mooing cos her equine friends have deserted her (despite being around the corner. Can't win them all, and thank heavens for the yards, every horse property needs good solid yards - a godsend at times like this and guy fawkes etc etc. Might nip out and put the rooster in a box on the neighbours doorstep - a present for 7am!

More
14 years 3 months ago #181975 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic 100 teenagers
Good luck Oskatd

2 hours 20 minutes to go?

Hope everything continues to go well.

More
14 years 3 months ago #182005 by oskatd
Well, everything went fine. I shut all the windows in the bedroom and fell asleep anyway (hooray for double glazing), hubby came to bed about 1 when they had turned the music down. There were nowhere near 100 kids there though. It was still morning, so am sure the rooster and Lucy mooing for her morning hay woke everyone up! The horses were fine once they were in the yards.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds