gmail question please

More
14 years 3 months ago #11652 by ronnie
gmail question please was created by ronnie
Hi all you wonderful computer people.

I have a question regarding gmail please.
I am chasing a payment from a person who uses a gmail address. I have twice sent her an email using the message tags (request read receipt, and request delivery receipt) and have had no confirmation of either request.
Is she blocking the receipts, or genuinely not receiving them? I suspect the first as she had no problems answering earlier on in the proceedings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #180648 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic gmail question please
I'm a gmail user, but I can't say I've used any of those features; nor have I had an email come through (from elsewhere) with a read receipt or delivery receipt 'attached' or included.

It may be that she's not receiving them. I'll try and experiment and get back to you.

More
14 years 3 months ago #180652 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic gmail question please
Jan we have 2 gmail accounts, but my computer automatically logs in to check only one, I can also set it not to log on automatically to any as well, so unless I manually go and check, I won't know emails are waiting.

I haven't received a read receipt request before with the gmail, but that is probably because I use those accounts for things that would not "normally" attract the need for read receipts.

I am cautious replying to any hotmail or gmail account addys for business stuff if they don't provide further info such as site addresses and land line contact details.
I have found its usually the opposition or potential up and coming opposition trying to make enquiries re our pricing etc without disclosing who they really are....

I am not sure how you can find out the account holders details. Perhaps email support http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=contact_policy and see what info they can provide. I would be very surprised if they can release details.....

Good luck!

More
14 years 3 months ago #180666 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic gmail question please
Thanks guys.

Swaggie, I have all her details (name and address etc). I had been swapping emails with no problems (she getting mine and me hers etc). But since I returned the goods to her for a refund, she has gone very quiet and not answering my emails. I have used the receipts thing twice, to try and get proof she is at least getting my emails, so when I take her to the Disputes Tribunal I can at least prove she got my requests.

She seems to be giving the impression that ignoring me will make me go away, but sorry, its too much money for me to let go of.

More
14 years 3 months ago #180671 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic gmail question please

ronnie;152278 wrote: ...I have used the receipts thing twice, to try and get proof she is at least getting my emails, so when I take her to the Disputes Tribunal I can at least prove she got my requests.

I think it might be best for you to send her a Registered Letter via your local Post Office Jan.

That way you are guaranteed that the letter will be delivered if it's humanly possible, and you can get the Proof-of-Delivery if you ask for it.

In that letter, I would spell out in no uncertain terms that you intend lodging a claim with the Disputes Tribunal if she doesn't refund your money very smartly.

Receiving that sort of letter is always a wake-up call, and may well provide the jolt which is needed to make sure she knows you are serious. Failing that, it's pay your $30 and lodge a claim with the Disputes Tribunal [:(!]

More
14 years 3 months ago #180674 by max2
Yes I agree with the registered mail way as well.

If you take along her past emails to the Tribunal, it will certainly show she uses that addy so a bit of history is being established that she has stopped contact at the point of refund issue.

All helps! Good luck.

More
14 years 3 months ago #180676 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic gmail question please
Can't add much, other than say Good Luck getting back in contact with her.

"signature required" letters are a good confirmation that whomever it is, is still around.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 3 months ago #180680 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic gmail question please
I don't know about Gmail but I do know that with ordinary email you can choose not to send back a receipt. So perhaps she's got them, but rejected the "send back receipt" option, in whcih case you wouldn't get one.

I'd send a registered letter too.

More
14 years 3 months ago #180690 by max2

Pumpkingirl;152293 wrote: I don't know about Gmail but I do know that with ordinary email you can choose not to send back a receipt. So perhaps she's got them, but rejected the "send back receipt" option, in whcih case you wouldn't get one.

I'd send a registered letter too.

Isn't that annoying, I use the read receipt option for some business stuff, and I hate it when they don't send the receipt back, I never know if their "secretaries" have passed on my email or not.... and I do wonder what they are hiding from if the refuse the receipt.

But I hate getting asked for one for joke emails. Then I refuse them.[:I]

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds