Educational Resources

More
14 years 8 months ago #1153 by oskatd
Educational Resources was created by oskatd
I am wondering if other people with children use the internet to access educational resources. My little man is starting to write and I want to print out some stuff he can trace, but there are also good games for letter recognition on the net. The BBC seems excellent, are there other sites that people use?

Cheers:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #55914 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic Educational Resources
Hi Oskatd,

There is actually a ton of stuff that is either free or a minimal cost for a year.

I have not kept most of the links as we are past the beginning stage, but we used
www.enchantedlearning.com/Home.html
a lot. They have a reduced version for free, or you can pay $20us for a years unlimited access. They cover many things, and are particularly good for the younger kids.
Also although we never used it, I believe
www.starfall.com/

Had this one bookmarked as well
www.enchantedlearning.com/Home.html

Let me know if you need anything else and I will try to hunt out some more for you.
is very popular, and many people like it.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #55915 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Educational Resources
Make him some tracing cards yourself. He could trace just about anything really, pictures in colouring books etc. Just make sure he's holding his pencil correctly first, make his thumb and the first 2 fingers like a duck beak, go quack quack if yer like! ;) then get the ducks beak to hold the pencil. Fat pencils or crayons are better to start with, they can grip better.
When tracing lettering always use lower case.

oops got a visitor I'll be back!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds