Garment Clothes Steamers

More
14 years 4 months ago #11418 by ravenseyes
Has any one every used one of these? Watching the late night infomercials and they advertise one on there. Apparently they are common in dress shops. You steam the clothes hanging rather than pressing with an iron. Supposedly excellent for suits pleats and fabrics that scorch or melt. Also means you can hang your curtains after washing them and then steam them vertically.

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #177086 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
Our local Postie Plus has one I think. My cousin has just got one and loves it except the pet hair thing fell to bits on the first use. She reckons it does shirts really good, but you have to hang onto the bottom of the garment and she is trying to figure out a way to let go and do the very very bottom. I told her to put it on her son and steam it that way. He is a cheeky bugger and that was payback. I asked her if it took wrinkles out of faces. :) That would be very handy for me that would.

More
14 years 4 months ago #177094 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
Toni - watch the infomercials - there is one on there that claims that - as long as you use it every day - and they don't disclose the price BUT if you had it done professionally, it would cost you $1600! What is the price you ask - who gives a .....

Ravenseyes ... how much ironing so you do? Ironing in this household is done at 100mph on the absolute neccessities with the old Sunbeam iron. Where would you store the "steamer"? Not for me.

More
14 years 4 months ago #177101 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
whats an iron?

can you steam veges in the widget too?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #177132 by Toni - Northland
The one I saw advertised was 6 payments of $59.95, but if you ordered now you only pay 5 payments of $59.95. Cuzzie reckons it does do a really good job. Didi, it doesn't take up much room in her laundry at all. Less room than an ironing board would. I don't iron, unless I have to or it is material for patchworking. :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #177170 by ravenseyes
Replied by ravenseyes on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
I do quite a bit of ironing and I also like the bit about it can lessen how often clothes have to go to the drycleaners. I have business suits and shirts for me, daughter's school uniform has pleats and linen blouses and a blazer. Pinning and ironing the pleats in her skirts is a mission and a half. I've got plenty of storage space so I was thinking about it. Toni - did you cousin buy the TOBI one that is one the late night infomercials ?

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
14 years 4 months ago #177177 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Garment Clothes Steamers

Kiwi303;148438 wrote: whats an iron?

can you steam veges in the widget too?

An iron is a pureley decorative item that usually sits on top of the four legged surfboard in the back bedroom. Its only uses are to weight down things that have been glued, or press dried flowers :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #177208 by Toni - Northland

ravenseyes;148511 wrote: I do quite a bit of ironing and I also like the bit about it can lessen how often clothes have to go to the drycleaners. I have business suits and shirts for me, daughter's school uniform has pleats and linen blouses and a blazer. Pinning and ironing the pleats in her skirts is a mission and a half. I've got plenty of storage space so I was thinking about it. Toni - did you cousin buy the TOBI one that is one the late night infomercials ?

I think it was that one, but will ask her.

More
14 years 4 months ago #177247 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Garment Clothes Steamers

betenoir;148519 wrote: An iron is a pureley decorative item that usually sits on top of the four legged surfboard in the back bedroom. Its only uses are to weight down things that have been glued, or press dried flowers :D

Aaahhhhh So thats what that thing is!!!!![:0]:confused:[B)][;)]

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
14 years 4 months ago #177375 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
Is not an iron the thing one uses to solder :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 4 months ago #177408 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
Nah, thats a brazing torch Sod, I always though iron was a metallic element :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 4 months ago #177500 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Garment Clothes Steamers
thats what you use in golf

Rob

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds