Mark Todd the Master - Comeback ride - I was there!

More
14 years 4 months ago #11358 by Louise W
I am sure that by now many of you know that Mark has come out of retirement to take a tilt at an Olympic berth. Very exciting news! I was lucky enough to be on course as he tackled his first advanced track in 8 years on THREE different horses - two catch rides and Gandalf, the horse he hopes to qualify for Beijing.

I would like to share some pix:

Mark on catch ride 'Tom Collins'

Mark and Tom Collins again

Mark on Gandalf (the horse to bring him out of retirement)

Gandalf again

Gandalf

Mark on Judges Decision

SJ on Gandalf

Mark placed 1st on Tom Collins and 3rd on Gandalf. He admitted to feeling rather rusty but being very pleased with the rides that his horse's gave him. Go Mark! :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #176162 by oskatd
yay, Lou, those are fantastic pics..... Fancy doing X-C in plaits! I can't believe how much his return to the sport has boosted it's profile already, i guess everyone loves a hero, and NZ eventing has been pretty short on those recently.

Go Toddy!

More
14 years 4 months ago #176205 by Ronney
I heard on the radio a few weeks back that he was coming out of retirement :) Great photos.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
14 years 4 months ago #176209 by terralee
Oh wow ...fantastic pics Lou :D :D :D ... I was suppose to be there as my girl was having her first official competition (I sold half share in her) but before I knew she was going there I had arrannged to fly to Auckland to see sick stepmum and then I found out Mark Todd was going there too ... well I was just double GUTTED to have to miss it all:(:(:(...especially since it was only 15 minutes from home[:(!] ...
Thanks for those fantastic shot ... and my baby did very well in her grade too ... especially the cross country :D ..I shall get to see her at the next Aaran station HT in May cos' she will be competing there and up a grade[:0]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

• chooky
14 years 4 months ago #176212 by chooky
Great pics Lou - does anyone know if Mark will be at HOY ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #176233 by oskatd
I think he is chooky....

• chooky
14 years 4 months ago #176255 by chooky
Cool :cool: We go over on the Friday till the Sunday so hope to see him in action .[^]

More
14 years 4 months ago #176261 by Louise W
Yeah Mark will be at HOTY :D

Leonie, what class was your girl in?

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
14 years 4 months ago #176275 by terralee
Just the pretraining horse ... she is only just 4 and is going so bravely ... Sarah Cornwall has bought 50% of her (I still own the frontend :D ) .. she was 6th after dressage and the youngest horse in her grade .. it was her first real outing and Sarah fell off 2nd to last showjump fence but got back on (laughing)and finished the course [B)]... had a lovely cross country with Starshine(what I called her) aka Evie(Sarah's paddock name for her) aka Manuka Sunrise(what Sarah registered her as[:(!]) Sarah said she was gaining confidence with every fence Xcountry and met all sorts of obstacles she has never come across before. This was an outing mainly for education, experience and a bit of mileage, the trip in the float from Wellington was the longest she has been on yet so everything was a real event for Starshine and she coped with it all .... she was even yarded overnight at Waipuk. Sarah thinks they were about 14th overall and was very pleased with how they went ... she calls Starshine 4 going on 40 cos' she is so laid back ... took everything in her stride (always has). I was thrilled with the result too ... both my baby's and [:X]Mark Todd's[:X][:I] (my idol !!!!!!!!!!) ... just wish I could have been there :(
So thanks again for those wonderful pics.
Cheers

More
14 years 4 months ago #176277 by witheze
Great photos...... three years ago I advised Witheze's rider if they ever got the chance, to try and buy Gandalph as a show jumper as I was impressed with his jumping on T.V.! They have cancelled Mark Todd's event at HOY the Derby ,due to low entries. And have offered free entry into another event..... so Witheze has had free entry [ $900.00 ] to another event... you win some you lose some :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #176282 by Louise W
What days are Vicky and Witheze competing? Would love to take some pics for you if I am there. We should swap cellphone numbers or something.

Shame about the cancellation but great news for you to get a free entry! $900 = FAAAAAR OUT!

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
14 years 4 months ago #176289 by terralee
Hey there Lou ... this is Starshine aka Evie aka Manuka Sunrise at Arran Station Sunday :) ... no sign of Mark tho"!!! :(

Isn't she a clever baby :p

More
14 years 4 months ago #176326 by sundaysbest
Awesome Lou!
And Awesome that Mark is coming out of retirement - very exciting!
Any pix of horses are good pix in my opinion - but you take such good photo's Lou- they are doublely cool! :)

Sundays

More
14 years 4 months ago #176348 by oskatd
She looks great, Terralee!

More
14 years 4 months ago #176422 by Louise W
She looks super Leonie :D

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds