I didn't think I would cry!

• maggies mum
14 years 4 months ago #11325 by maggies mum
I didn't think I would cry! was created by maggies mum
But I did! Soppy mare that I am.

We've had a Japanese homestay student with us for the past 2 weeks(almost), he's 15 yrs old so the same age as MD. He was pretty shy & quiet at first but soon settled in and he was a joy to have here. That experience was over today when I dropped him at the school for pick up by bus to take them to Auckland, they go to Mt Eden first then onto the airport.
Well I did feel a bit sad, and I expected to see some tears. What I wasn't prepared for was 'his' tears. Oh my now did that start me off or what. He gave me a present and I gave him a hug. He had a strange look on his face but I just thought he was a bit embarrassed by the hug! I gave him another hug goodbye just as he was about to get on the bus, he still had an odd look, then as I watched him walk to the back of the bus and sit down he waved then he was wiping his eyes! I thought oh bloody hell he's crying! Well that was it, I started then.
I didn't realise that you could be so taken with someone in that short space of time and dare I say it, I think I shall miss him!

We will have more students stay as we did enjoy the experience but I think as he was the first one I think he will always have a special place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #175782 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic I didn't think I would cry!
Ohhh MM. :)
I have thought of doing it when the kids are a bit older, but I am big sook too, and yes "the First" will always be special and if he was a great kid the next ones have big shoes to fill eh! :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #175785 by kate
Replied by kate on topic I didn't think I would cry!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( [;)]

Web Goddess

More
14 years 4 months ago #175824 by Dream Weaver
[:I]Aww MM ya softy lol. How nice though to think he shed a tear, he must have totally enjoyed his time with you and will also hold that memory close for years to come.

More
14 years 4 months ago #175827 by [email protected]
two close friends of ours, 2 fifths of our LSB, have taken students for the last 20 years and it has been a wonderful experience for them- the house was always a hive of multiculturalism and so many of their students have kept in touch over the years with many visiting again on holidays. During that time their bad experiences could be counted on one hand. It can very a vrey rewarding experience.

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

• maggies mum
14 years 4 months ago #175828 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I didn't think I would cry!
I have a sneaky suspicion though that he was rather taken by the beautiful young homestay student that is with our neighbour, there was lots of giggling and hugging going on there! ;)

• maggies mum
14 years 4 months ago #175831 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I didn't think I would cry!

[email protected];147071 wrote: two close friends of ours, 2 fifths of our LSB, have taken students for the last 20 years and it has been a wonderful experience for them- the house was always a hive of multiculturalism and so many of their students have kept in touch over the years with many visiting again on holidays. During that time their bad experiences could be counted on one hand. It can very a vrey rewarding experience.

That's good to know. Next students due in July thereabouts!

Will stick to that age range though it fits in better with us.

More
14 years 4 months ago #175870 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic I didn't think I would cry!
Aww, what a lovely story, MM! :) Now I have a tear in my eye too. :(

It always amazes me how we can form a strong bond with someone in such a short space of time. Yet with others we can know them for years and never really know them.:confused:

It is also heartwarming to hear of a young man not afraid to show his emotion. :)

That "boys don't cry" is a load of old shite. I think only real men know how to cry :) :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #175877 by gemini kiwi
and if he was from a big city he would have loved the close contact with all the animals, even those naughty goats.!!!

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds