George Foreman roasting machine

More
14 years 4 months ago #11252 by oskatd
Does anyone have one of these? Am wondering if they are any good:confused: Seems like a good idea, but they do seem quite small - no way you'd get a leg of lamb in one....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #174687 by BillyTheTractor
our friends have one. We cooked home made burgers on it once - and yeh the fat came out but so did all the juices :( they were poo.
:D but we were maybe rubbish!

Wee Farm

More
14 years 4 months ago #174688 by wyseyes
There is the GF grill, and the GF benchtop oven. We have one of each, bought at the fielddays. Both work really well, and we found a potroast fits nicely in the oven.

Then I visited a friend, and saw hers. Turns out we only had the small set, her GF oven was a monster. At least 4x the size.
Then at a garage sale recently I came across the same monster version of the GF Grill. It was unused, clean, and we grabbed it. We bought that, a box of misc goodies, a spade, a spray wand, a plastic tub and 3 jigsaw puzzles for $40.

Have since sold 2 x misc goodies on TM, for $21 each.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 4 months ago #174693 by Kiwi303
we have the small fat free grilling lean machine whatsit, and a benchtop roaster oven. basicly just a 2 person meal oven, if 3 or more it's in a proper roasting dish and in the big oven. But for 2 people id does just fine, or to roast taters and kumara to go with steaks in a pan. It's good.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 4 months ago #174716 by oskatd
Does it dry the roast out?

More
14 years 4 months ago #174750 by Kiwi303
no worse than the oven... it's got a solid pan in the casing, so the juices pool in that. 4 frozen chicken thighs can end up with almost an inch of water in the bottom and almost steams them.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 4 months ago #174774 by terralee
We have the lean mean grilling machine and it does awesome Pork chops, fish, chicken etc BUT useless for steak ... the roasting thing I reckon would be great too (but maybe a bit too small for all the veges as well as roast... I am thinking of getting his slow cooker for winter.
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds