HA! Found 'em!!!

More
14 years 9 months ago #1060 by Ghilly
HA! Found 'em!!! was created by Ghilly
My glasses have been missing for two days. I don't wear them all the time, in fact I've only just started wearing them after several years.

I went to get them and they were gone. Who knew where?
I checked out two of the most likely places I could have left them and ransacked the house, (obviously, not well enough).
The finger was pointed at Pilot, she takes things for walks outside but usually just a sock, not spectacles.

People kept saying, where did you leave them [}:)] If I knew that, I'd know where to look. :p [}:)]

Kim sat down tonight and said, "have you checked the couch?"
I had but not where I knew she meant! I chucked my shirt over the arm of it last week and the next night I realised the packet of paracetamol had fallen out and was worried about Pilot getting at them. She hadn't, they were tucked in behind a cushion. After a quick search behind that cushion and down the back of the seat cushion, I found the ruddy things! It's been driving me NUTS!!!!
They are tinted lenses and I had to battle the lights grocery shopping at P&S today with no eye protection. I come out of there with little sparks flashing in my eyes. By the time I've reached the checkouts, I'm blinking so hard my eyes seem to be more shut than open. I can barely read labels on anything. It's just horrible.
It's one way of making the customers get what they want and get out.

My tinted glasses make quite a difference, in there especially.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #54782 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic HA! Found 'em!!!
Hahaha! Dozy Doreen!

Ya don't need glasses do yer??[8D]

More
14 years 9 months ago #54802 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic HA! Found 'em!!!
So glad to hear you found them mate. I could not go without my glasses, especially in the light. I hope you didn't end up getting a headache from shopping without them. Great happy ending, now hold on to them tight ha ha.

More
14 years 9 months ago #54862 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic HA! Found 'em!!!
Yes, MM, I do :(. I have reading glasses and everyday glasses.
The reading ones I've only needed for about a year. I found I could only read if I shut one eye. Using both made the letters blurry and they jumped about the page. The other ones I've had since.... early 90's? I haven't needed them for about four or five years but I've started wearing them again. They annoy me, just the wearing part of them, but they do help a little, especially in this bright spring sunshine and in certain shops. They're pretty weak prescriptions, in fact some people can barely tell the difference when I have them on.
The reading ones aren't that strong either but without them I give up trying to read anything. Thing is, I haven't got into the habit of carrying the reading glasses around with me so I'll find myself out somewhere, decide to peruse a book or magazine and end up with one eye closed and moving the literature back and forth. I end up looking at the pictures instead, which is my favourite part of any book anyway.
I have them back in my hot little hand now so at least I won't be squinting at people so much.
Thankfully, I don't need them when I'm out with the goats. No doubt Cricket would find it extremely entertaining to take them for a run and a nibble. I've been thinking my reading glasses would help when I'm trimming hooves though. Buggar! Prime time for theft of glasses by a personality plus Cricket.

I usually can't wait to get out of the supermarket Smilie. With or without glasses. Those lights are horrible.

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds