Recent Purchase 7.5ha North Canterbury

More
6 months 1 day ago #556526 by J12345T
Hi All,

As a newbie LSB owner I'll look forward to many hours on this forum learning all I can and thankyou in advance for any and all help/ advice.

Like many owners my property is currently (very) flush for grass and I'm actively looking for someone who would like to graze a few animals in the Loburn/ Okuku area. If anyone knows of anyone; that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556528 by tonybaker
Can you track down a baling contractor and see if they want it? It takes quite a few cattle to deal to seedy long grass, otherwise get someone to mow it that way you keep the fertility and reduce fire risk.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556529 by J12345T
Thanks Tony,

I have a haymaking contractor 'booked' for a large part of the property but when he can get to me is another story..

I also have a tractor and slasher which I may have to use if nothing else pans out. Some paddocks however, have too much undulation for the slasher so that will have to fall to the left over 10 or so sheep that are currently grazing.

Big learning curve..

Cheers,

James.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556532 by tonybaker
Yes it's a problem, I recently had to hire a slasher to deal to my seedy paddock, it was as blunt as but did a reasonable job. I raised it with the hydraulics as I only wanted to top the paddock to stop it seeding. Unfortunately sheep are not much good with long grass. Maybe the contractor will have some ideas?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556536 by Bcs29
Hi welcome to the area I can help you out with your surplus of grass thanks Ben

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556538 by J12345T
Thanks Ben. What’s the best way to contact you?

Cheers.

James.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #556540 by Bcs29
Email me your details to [email protected]
and I'll give you a call

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds