Hi everyone, just bought a 20 acre block

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #556462 by LongRidge
For manuka for honey, the block has to be bigger than 20 hectares, and able to site the hives in the middle of it. The bees can fly quite some distance to gather honey, so if the block is small then the different flowers get mixed up.
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by LongRidge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #556463 by Off.the.grid

For manuka for honey, the block has to be bigger than 20 hectares, and able to site the hives in the middle of it. The bees can fly quite some distance to gather honey, so if the block is small then the different flowers get mixed up.

Yeah I was wondering that.
There are already hives on the property and I'm assuming the bees are making standard Bush honey. This property backs onto native Bush. The beekeeper has been giving the previous owner honey as payment, so I guess that's something!

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #556525 by Off.the.grid
Here are some photos of the property that someone requested earlier.
Have been rather busy on the property cleaning the house over the last week but have just driven up the top. This property feels way bigger than what I expected for 8ha, but its probably because of the hills.

Anyway, I've just done some repairs to the solar and getting more output since more than half the panels were not even working!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds