Hello from Canterbury

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #556231 by FPaddy
Hello from Canterbury was created by FPaddy
Farming 19 hectares(47 acres) in North Canterbury as a lifestyle change which started 7 years ago. Ive been farming my own block since september 2018.

Mixed dry stock. Miniature Herefords and Lowline Angus breeder and finisher. Also Damara Breeder. Also the usual assortment chooks, ducks, Turkeys, (looking for a male) KuneKunes ( changing to berkshires) dogs cats and hedgehogs.

Im off the grid and developing a bare block using regenarative agriculture low tech principals, Focused on sustainability and self sufficiency and producing the best high quality nutrient dense food and naturally healthy pasture fed animals. I was North Island raised on a sheep and beef farm, but have lived the Dairy farm life as well.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with other small holding owners. Especially those who are still going strong over 60.

Ive enjoyed reading here for a bit. Looking to work less and connect more. Happy days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #556232 by Ramsay
Replied by Ramsay on topic Hello from Canterbury
Hi
Welcome to the Forum.
I have just purchased 4.4 HA in Lyford on the Inland Road.
So in the couple of years time I hope to be down there and will be needing some beefies.
Whereabouts in North Canty are you roughly?
Thanks
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds