Hello from Europe

More
2 years 11 months ago #547197 by Ladia
Hello from Europe was created by Ladia
Hello everybody, I am completely new to this site. I stumbled upon it when I was searching for discussions about growing goji berries and successfully found some even though they are not active anymore. I come from Europe, from the Czech Republic country.

I grow goji plants myself so if anyone is interested I will be glad to discuss it further. Maybe I will also start a new topic and post a few photos of my plants and tell you more about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferrit47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #547211 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Hello from Europe
Welcome to the site Ladia. I always appreciate overseas members as they can bring a different perspective to farming and the way we do it. There is a fairly strong fruit growing community here too, so some shared ideas will be of interest.
What is your property like for growing on?
Stikkibeek.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
2 years 11 months ago #547231 by Ladia
Replied by Ladia on topic Hello from Europe
I noticed that many members in here are farmers. Well, I am not, I am a gardener. The property I grow on is not that big, it is a garden in front of and behind our house. We grow mostly vegetables, have fruit trees and the like. I also grow chilli peppers in a green house (not this year though), I mean those real hot chilli peppers like Trinidad Scorpion Moruga, Big Red Mama, Bhut Jolokia White etc.

More
2 years 11 months ago #547244 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Hello from Europe
Hi Ladia and welcome :) Most people on this site are lifestyle block owners (small farmers) many of us are not but follow out of interest.
I only have a quarter of an acre but I have a large vegetable garden, fruit trees, a few chickens and I have just started keeping meat rabbits. Its always interesting to hear about other people's projects so don't let that stop you from posting :)

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
2 years 11 months ago #547253 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Hello from Europe
Hi and welcome.
We couldn't really be classed as farmers either, because even though we have a small farm sized block of land we are not farming it. Ours is growing native bush, with a house vegetable garden, small orchard, and firewood lot, so you could describe it as all just garden, if you allow very wild gardens. :D

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #547352 by Ferrit47
Replied by Ferrit47 on topic Hello from Europe
Welcome Aboard.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
Full of great Advice & Infro too.
Im an exFarmer but still love to share advice or just read through threads people have started or post on too.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Ferrit47.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds