Introducing myself :)

More
4 years 9 months ago #546705 by Helenamy
Hi all - my name is Helen Davies and I live and work in the sunny Bay of Plenty. I own and operate a small mobile petting zoo, including horse, pony and donkey saddle and cart rides. Love what I do and am rapidly building up a thriving business. Have always worked with animals, and really enjoy the freedom of being my own boss!
Presently looking for a shelter for my rescue donkeys up to $800. Approx 3.6m wide by 2m high by 2m deep. Call or text me on 027 957 2887 if you have something local please :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #546707 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Introducing myself :)
Welcome. Good luck with your business, and finding a shelter for that cost :-). We have been caring for donkeys for more than 20 years now, and we currently have 26 of them. I have been building shelters for them for the last few years because the youngest is now 15 years old and the oldest over 30 years. When they were younger they were happy enough to shelter behind trees and hedges, so the sheds hardly got used. One of the problems that I didn't know about earlier is that horses and donkeys do not like being surrounded by walls because it makes them feel trapped. Now that the sheds have more view out of them they are used by the donkeys :-). We have the use of an open Goldpine barn, but they have gnawed away at all the wood that they can reach, so I have to do a couple of thousand dollars repair on that. So if your have any wood in them at nibbling height, wrap the wood in fine steel netting :-).
I think you will have to make your own if your budget is only $800.

More
4 years 9 months ago #546709 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Introducing myself :)
If you want a quick temporary shelter because the weather is like the splatty mess we are currently getting here, or because you are not sure whether your donkeys will use one, a few bales of straw can be stacked and a few old sheets of steel put over the top and weighed down with anything to hand.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds