New Lifestyle block retirees

More
3 years 1 month ago #546584 by Sheryal
Hi All, We are a newly retired couple, we own 3 acres just south of Greytown. We have a cat that loves to catch, kill and eat rabbits, are planting a small native forest and have planted an orchard, we are loving our new lifestyle.
Cheers Sheryal and Glenn Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #546599 by kate
Replied by kate on topic New Lifestyle block retirees
Hi and welcome to lsb B)

Well done on planting your orchard so early. We've only just got ours going after ten years!

Web Goddess

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #546603 by LongRidge
Welcome :-). Cats like that are great .... except when they bring the first kit in alive at 10 pm, and the next at 11 pm, and the next at midnight, and the next ....

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #546606 by iSor
Replied by iSor on topic New Lifestyle block retirees
Welcome and good to hear you’re enjoying living on your lifestyle block, you probably won’t want to leave like me.
Cats.
They cannot be relied upon for pest control, but they have their place in the home (and lifestyle block) if you love animals.
I will never forget it, because it was extraordinary (like the cat) and it happened on my birthday. The cat (pictured left) brought the same rabbit into the bedroom five times in one night after he who will remain nameless kept putting them both out and didn’t think to lock the cat door any of those times and I couldn’t be bothered either.
I’m not replacing the cat when it dies (or the husband for that matter, should either pre-decease me).

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #546609 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic New Lifestyle block retirees
What a hoot. I will very definitely replace the cat/s but the husband - probably not. Oh, no smilies on the quick reply!

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #546653 by Ferrit47
Welcome aboard LSB. I joined recently & like being apart of LSB. Im an Ex Farmer & enjoy reading threads on here. I am now a private rubbish contractor & look after Rubbish Bins at 2 Shopping Complexes here in Rotorua City. I empty them twice a day everyday but miss some aspects of farnming like moving stock & working my dogs. I had to give it up for a variety of reasons & health too which has now improved no end.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #546681 by linrae
Replied by linrae on topic New Lifestyle block retirees
Shame about cat rabbits ok .we have caught 12 ferals last 6 months.
Since they have gone bird life unbelievable
What else is yr on catching???

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds