Looking for that special place..

More
4 years 1 month ago #539910 by Vaune
Kia Ora!
I am a dreamer of a lifestyle block... a self employed jeweller, with no hope of a deposit for land in the near future... who wistfully visits her sister in Apiti with her large garden and many animals.
In the mean time, I have recently purchased a school bus with the aim of converting it to a house bus. An enormous project, but hopefully one that will bring my dream of one day living on my own piece of land, closer.
To that end, I have been hunting for a pozzie, where I might park up my bus for minimal $ while I convert it, and then, I hope to find a reasonably sheltered spot for leasing for a few years while I save like crazy for the deposit for the land.

It seems incredibly difficult to get a spot to park for reasonable rent... since the tiny house movement has expanded, folks seem to want the same amount of money for a tiny spot next to a house as what it costs to actually rent a room IN the house.

I have stumbled upon this forum, and I am curious to know if there are any lifestylers near Wellington - perhaps out the back of Pukarua Bay, or the Haywards, or even closer to town - Newlands, Northland and so on - where a paddock that was once useful for livestock might now be not so useful... and might be ok for a spot to base myself from.
Initially I am looking only for a parking spot, not a place to live.
I have been working on the bus on my weekends, and hope to increase to some evenings, but while it's dark so early, that's unlikely to be often.
If anyone is interested, please let me know :)
Cheers!
Vaune

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #539911 by Ruth
This Northland isn't going to be quite close enough!

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find somewhere useful. :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #539912 by Vaune
True that! Ha! Thanks for the encouragement though :)

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds