Shed recommendations

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #536983 by Kokamo
Shed recommendations was created by Kokamo
We need to get a shed up pretty pronto once we get land title (so we can collect water to take care of new plantings). There's a shed by Outpost Buildings that looks ideal, just wondered if anyone had come across them as a brand & had any good or bad things to say.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kokamo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #537052 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Shed recommendations

Kokamo wrote: We need to get a shed up pretty pronto once we get land title (so we can collect water to take care of new plantings). There's a shed by Outpost Buildings that looks ideal, just wondered if anyone had come across them as a brand & had any good or bad things to say.

I know nothing about Outpost, although we did consider them at one point during our preliminary investigations. In the end we went with Core steel due to the heavier frame and the high wind loading here.

If you are in the Auckland area, do not under any circumstances consider them for your build. Almost 5 years later, we are still waiting for the work to be finished. He owed a refund for the work we had to get done privately which was paid for in the contract and not done, and the lies we were told are still ringing in our ears including the barefaced one just over 12 months ago when he sat in our shed and promised us he would complete one part of the job not done by Christmas 2016. It still hasn't been done. He flatly refused the refund and it is still owed..

Do not trust him, it's buyer beware. You might like to have a read of this

Sheds
The original message I wrote in this, was edited by Kate at my request in the interests of fairness, but I shouldn't have bothered. He deserves all the bad publicity he has brought upon himself.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Stikkibeek.

More
4 years 6 months ago #537070 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Shed recommendations
I would check for a building permit if you don't have one yet? The local authorities often have long holidays around this time! They could probably give you a hint as to makes of sheds approved. Do you have a storage tank organised?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
4 years 6 months ago #537162 by Kokamo
Replied by Kokamo on topic Shed recommendations
We're in the Wairarapa, so will look local if possible, but design & quality are more important than puchase location. And ideally we'll go with batten & board design, due to site covenants. I'm assuming we'll need building consent so will take that up with the council after the holiday period. Thanks for the comments made, obviously no Outpost buyers on the site, c'est la vie.

More
4 years 6 months ago #537168 by neil postie
Replied by neil postie on topic Shed recommendations
We have just got a simple 3 bay shed (they do other stuff) from sheds4u. so far very happy except the pole were too fat (220mm instead of 200mm which cant be bad

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds