Back in NZ

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #534350 by Nora
Back in NZ was created by Nora
Hi all. We have been away in Australia for six years. Now we are back to our ten acre block in Loburn. We have a lot of work to do on the house and garden. Everything looks old and some things are worn out.

I am hoping to get some hatching eggs when they come available -Pekin ducks, and a big breed of chicken, maybe New Hampshire or Rhode Island Reds. Am also thinking of some NZ white rabbits at some stage.

We are looking for some flatmates and their horses to fill our home and paddocks with people and grass consumers. Also looking forward to collecting the horse manure for a small vege garden. It will be nice to share our patch and have some company.

Future dreams are a big hot composting pile, mealworms, black soldier fly larvae, a butterfly-attracting garden, friends and family eating and drinking outside (hence future -currently snowing) and sipping a cocktail in the spa -we do have a spa but it isn't up and running yet.

It is so wonderful to be home again. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. What a great place New Zealand is.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Nora. Reason: Adding a few points

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #534355 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Back in NZ
Great move Nora!
We returned to NZ a couple of years ago after 10 years in Oz and haven't regretted a moment. We have a much more balanced life and love the change in seasons (even the cold!).
Enjoy the change :)

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
4 years 10 months ago #534371 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Back in NZ
Thanks Anakei.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds