Neq purchase of 10 hactares

More
4 years 11 months ago #534133 by Vikasdeep.nz
I have baought a 10 hactares or bare land in south canterbury. Have no idea what to do with it. No experience in farming but i am thinking if i can lease this land to some farmer or contractor?

Any suggestions with potential earnings welcome.

Note: i cant apply for any laon for machinery n stock as i already have a loan for another business i am

thanks
VIKAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #534134 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Neq purchase of 10 hactares
Why did you buy it?

More
4 years 11 months ago #534135 by Vikasdeep.nz
Off middelmiss rd near geraldine

More
4 years 10 months ago #534539 by VioletFarmer
Hi, the area you own the land in, is mostly dairy land last time I drove through. Maybe meet some of the neighbours and see if they would like to lease it? The fencing will need to be in good condition and having working water troughs is handy- but easily sorted if not. Are you living on site or nearby? Keeping an eye on someone leasing your property is a good idea :)

More
4 years 10 months ago #534550 by tonybaker
Welcome to LSB! you will find the answer to most things on here!
First of all you need to get someone to check for the suitability of the land for grazing. Does it have a water supply? Are the fences in good repair? Does it have a loading ramp? etc.
Maybe the best idea is to check with neighbours to see if they are interested and do a deal where they fix up any problems in return for reduced lease cost?
When I started out I leased to a local butcher in return for free meat and help with fences. It worked well for me. Have you asked the seller of the land if they want to lease it back for a while?
Meanwhile, go visit you local council and see what you are allowed to do with the land as regards building a house, and see if there are any issues with power, water and internet......

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds