NoHasl newbie

More
5 years 4 months ago #530400 by noHasl
NoHasl newbie was created by noHasl
Hello All,

Have been reading through hundreds of posts over the years but never properly jumped into the deep end and done anything, but now

My wife and I have recently rented a 10 acre property 9.5 acre usable, in Whenuapai.

Our first question...... We didn't clearly stipulate whether we or the landlord foots the bill for the maintenance of the fences etc. Any advice on this please

I understand for improvements we would need to pay.

We look forward to being apart of the lsb community

Ryan n Farah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #530402 by spark
Replied by spark on topic NoHasl newbie
Are you on a residential tenancy agreement or a commercial lease?

This may be of help if you signed a residential tenancy agreement:
tenancy.govt.nz/maintenance-and-inspecti...0-fair-wear-and-tear

If you are on a commercial lease, it probably depends on what is in the lease contract...

More
5 years 4 months ago #530409 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic NoHasl newbie
I informally graze lots of LSBs, and work on the basis that if me, my contractors or my animals damage fencing then I will repair it to a state similar to previously. So if I put animals onto their properties and the animals damage the fence then I repair it. If a tree falls onto the fence then the owner pays. I've had problems with wooden gates being so rotten that I cannot securely nail on new rails. This involves negotiating :-(.
When I'm leasing other persons land I make it clear to them that I expect them to not walk, drive or run their dogs on their land. Often it seems that I don't emphasise this strongly enough, so when a fence gets damaged because of this, repair is also at their cost.
Cattle are by far the easiest animal to keep in, but they do require electric fencing to protect the fences from being rubbed.

More
5 years 4 months ago #530413 by spark
Replied by spark on topic NoHasl newbie
My understanding is that a tenant's animals damaging fencing is unlikely to be "fair wear and tear" = the tenant’s problem to repair.
On the other hand, wooden gates (or battens or fence posts) rotting is "fair wear and tear" = the landlord's problem to repair.

More
5 years 4 months ago #530569 by noHasl
Replied by noHasl on topic NoHasl newbie
Thank you for your comments,

We are just renting the whole property, and after talking to the property manager, it seems they are not interested in spending any money everything is run down.

I will do what I can and come back here for my help

Cheers

More
5 years 4 months ago #530571 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic NoHasl newbie
What are you planning to use the land for? I'm actually quite surprised you didn't nail these matters down before you signed the lease!

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
5 years 4 months ago #530622 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic NoHasl newbie
you said you are renting the property? Did you sign any rental agreement, if not then you are on your own. Try your local community law office.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds