Hello!

More
7 years 7 months ago #523957 by Carah123
Hello! was created by Carah123
Hi there. I stumbled across this group a few days a go when frantically trying to find info on how to rear a lamb in Google. I've had a lot of questions in the last few days, and all of the advice I've used has come from threads in here. So I decided maybe I should just join. I'm carah, mum of one from southland. I'm not much of a farmer and have very limited knowledge on all things farming related, but I try. My husband has recently left the dairy industry and is now a part time contractor in the summer and part time mechanic in the off season. We live out on a farm in the middle of no where. We have a dog and a cat and now, a lamb. At the minute I'm a stay at home parent. But am looking to spread my wings into the world of the gainfully employed in the very near future. :cheer:

Carah :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #523962 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Hello!
Welcome! Lambs are great for kids and soon become pets. Unfortunately, you will need Anlamb and a bottle and teat. It can be quite expensive. Any farm store will be helpful. If it is a boy, get someone to put a ring on it. Goods luck.....

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #523967 by Carah123
Replied by Carah123 on topic Hello!
Thanks Tony. Have just shifted on to anlamb today. Up until then we were feeding colostrum. He seems to be coming right. Will defintley have a ring put on sooner rather than later!

Carah :)

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds