Villa Floorboards

More
6 years 4 months ago #519277 by Nick Hackett
Hi There We are struggling to do an extension to our villa pushing out the lean to. I am trying to match up the existing floorboards, 135 mm wide, native time. The original is kauri, but could use Matai or Rimu perhaps as kauri are so hard to get hold of. I probably need 15 to 20 square metres but might be able to get by with less by cutting out some that are covered at the moment and reusing them. Second hand ones that someone might have in their garage? Does anyone have some for sale at a reasonable price? We are in Auckland. Cheers Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #519286 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Villa Floorboards
Unusual to use Kauri as floor boards as it is easily pitted and scratched, but I guess depending on what was available when the house was built, would determine what was used.
Have you tried the recyclers like Ward demolition or Jacob Demolition?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 4 months ago #519289 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Villa Floorboards
There are lots of recyclers around as Stikki has mentioned some, around Rosebank road area there are quite a few depending on where you live. You also find this kind of timber advertised on trade me from time to time

More
6 years 4 months ago #519349 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Villa Floorboards
Its a standard size, If there's a shortage in Auckland try looking on Trademe in Christchurch, There's a glut of native timber around after the quakes.

More
6 years 2 months ago #520919 by ishtar
Replied by ishtar on topic Villa Floorboards
Hi, we got T&G Matai at Burrells for our timber floors in northland. They have everything! It's in AKL. They have all sorts of timber floors.they are based in Herne Bay.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #520930 by MooandPop
Replied by MooandPop on topic Villa Floorboards
[url=http://www.kauriwarehouse.co.nz[/url]

Strongly recommend as a builder. Also check the thickness of the boards, they are often 21-22 mm rather than 18-19mm sold these days. Kauri flooring was often used in Villas in Auckland circa 1910s . Then they started running out so used diff wood.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by MooandPop. Reason: link doesn't show

More
6 years 2 months ago #520955 by MurrayR
Replied by MurrayR on topic Villa Floorboards
I purchased some new Matai flooring a few years ago. Supplier had an advert in the Herald.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds