Hi from Charles and Jane

More
6 years 5 months ago #517318 by ndabasita
Hi Guys,

I stumbled onto your site while searching for possum bait. The little devils have got into my shed and are wrecking the place. No aniseed oil so I tried vanilla essence in a lemon - no luck yet. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

My wife, Jane, and I live on a 20 acre block just south of Shannon (that's the North Island one!) where we run dorper sheep and beefies. Added to that we lease a large flat paddock out to a local farmer who grows pumpkin and butternut. The property is a mix of flat and some pretty steep stuff and fitness is maintained by herding sheep, dealing to thistle and the likes. The sheds were originally a pet food abattoir and fair to say we don't have a shortage of shed space.

Both Jane and I have full time jobs in Palmerston North, she as a vet and me as a general manager, so the property is an afterhours and weekend thing. Sometime a bind but always satisfying in so many other respects.

I'm not the most knowledgeable farmer but can turn my hand to pretty much anything and love tinkering in the shed especially fabricating things from gate latches to feed troughs.

Happy to help out where we can and look forward to interacting with you fold.

Regards
Charles and Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #517324 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Hi from Charles and Jane
Hi Charles and Jane, and welcome to the site. Your place sounds great. I too have an abundance of sheds, and they are a great asset

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
6 years 5 months ago #517326 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Hi from Charles and Jane
Welcome Charles and Jane, from a fellow Horowhenua resident. There are getting enough of us around here to have a get together sometime soon!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
6 years 5 months ago #517343 by ndabasita
Replied by ndabasita on topic Hi from Charles and Jane
That sounds like a plan Sue, the Horowhenua isn't that big.
Cheers
Charles

More
6 years 5 months ago #517345 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Hi from Charles and Jane
Late last year we (100wattwarlock) and us, sort of suggested a get together like Kate had up in Northland, only down here. An idea was to get someone like Gallaghers to come and give a fencing demo and we all bring along a pot luck meal and get to meet each other. It never seemed to get much support then, but if the summer weather encourages a few more from down this way to get on board we could perhaps get the idea up and running again?

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds