hi im a voluteer

More
6 years 9 months ago #511792 by youngalistai
so im new not really sure this is the right place but came here after typing in about helpx forums and there had been a discussion about a year ago on volunteer web sites and why you have to pay and peoples grumbles to and for hosting volunteers or volunteering in different countries. ive done a bit of volunteering and it either suits you or not and the only way to find out is to try out as a volunteer. I think some people meet like minded hosts and they all gel and have a great experience others find that its working for a business for free its supposed to be a "shared experience" but due to human relationships it may or may not work out. Another thing people should watch out for is entering a foreign country now in most western countries volunteering is a no no the last thing you want to say at immigration is your "volunteering". But after saying all that i do find it an interesting experience living with a family as opposed to living in a backpacker hostel and being with other tourists if your older like me volunteering is far more preferable. I do have my reservations about a lot of hosts i have worked for and in my case i was on my own most of the time so it can get lonely with just your host to converse with but at the end of the day its a good way of really getting to know the inside of the country rather than looking at tourist sites and hanging out with other tourists. thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds