New member looking for advice

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #39747 by Doco72
Hi all

I am new to this forum and looking for some advice...
I have wanted to start up a little hedge cutting business for a while now in Southland, nothing too big as I only have a set of hand held hedge cutters and ladder. Anyone have any tips on starting out on my own or better yet some prospective clients to send my way????

All information is greatly appreciated

Cheers Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #507950 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic New member looking for advice
Why not go to the local Age Concern/Grey Power office and introduce yourself. People who can't operate their own hedge clippers or climb ladders might be glad of a referral from a trusted group ... if such groups will make such referrals, which they probably don't. Just a thought.

Do you have a health and safety plan? [}:)]

Welcome to the forum. :D

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #507951 by Deanna
I don't know about setting up. But maybe offer some freebies to folk you know so you can have before and after pictures and written recommendations from folk based on the job done. Then maybe flyers or phoning around to offer free quotes.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
6 years 11 months ago #508994 by Doco72

Ruth;514608 wrote: Why not go to the local Age Concern/Grey Power office and introduce yourself. People who can't operate their own hedge clippers or climb ladders might be glad of a referral from a trusted group ... if such groups will make such referrals, which they probably don't. Just a thought.

Do you have a health and safety plan? [}:)]

Welcome to the forum. :D

Hi Ruth

Thanks for the suggestions... I am currently working on a health and safety plan to implement before the hedge cutting season starts

Cheers Aaron

More
6 years 11 months ago #508995 by Doco72
Hi guys

Just trying to work out the charge out rate for hedge cutting. Is it better to charge an hourly rate, per lineal metre or per metre2

Cheers Aaron

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds