Hello :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #30111 by atikin
Hello :) was created by atikin
HI
I am a currently at high school living on a 2 acre block in canterbury

I really love animals and have a few of our own as pets.We have 1 dog (and a puppy to come soon aswell !!!!!!!!!! yay),2 cats,1 mouse,2 tropical fish tanks,2 rootsters,9 hens,14 chicks,(i sort of bred the frizzle ones )2 alpaca and 2 rabbits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #406933 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hello :)
Hi and welcome to LSB family :)
sopunds like you have a good few animals .. and are an animal person
:) hope you enjoy this site and join in the threads :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #30208 by INSTIL
Replied by INSTIL on topic Hello :)
Hi Members of lifestyleblock.co.nz,
We are Aaron and Ashlee with two loving daughters (4 & 1). We recently purchased 15 acres in Karaka and are in the prep stages of building a new home, having sold our home in Orakei Auckland we are excited to start our dream lifestyle. I (Aaron) grew up around a farm alot of my childhood mainly consisting of sheep and cattle, Building tree huts and making all sorts of things in my grand fathers shed which I guess what the major influence in why I'm and automotive engineer by trade. Hoping our new lifestyle will provide all the learning experiences I had in life for my children as I loved it. Anyway nice to have found this site :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #408010 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hello :)
Hi and welcome to the LSB cyber family :)
Goiod on you for being able to get your new place :)
:) lol just make sure when your building :) add yards, um sheds, um pens um sheds um haybarn and did i mention sheds/shelters ?? :) lol
Welcome and hope you enjoy this site :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #408034 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Hello :)
Congrats on the sale and purchase! Happy building and welcome to LSB.

:)

More
10 years 5 months ago #408138 by Little Bo Peep
Replied by Little Bo Peep on topic Hello :)
Really happy for you! Hope you love your new life as much as we do! We're coming up to our 1 yr Anniversary of being lifestylers and it has been well worth the effort and sacrifice. Like you, we started from scratch on an empty block and we still have a lot to do, but it is getting way more liveable all the time. :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #408153 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Hello :)
Yeah for you A & A. My children were 6 mths old and another 11 months later when I bought my first LSB and until 12 months ago, that makes around 30 years of LSB farming.

My advise to new LSB families is to always remember that you choose this together so don't lose sight of your relationship as the priority and yes - you are allowed to scrap and want different things in the time frame - but family first. Ok? LSB's are a commitment to the animals you are responsible for and you can end up having no time away from the block. That may sound ideal in the early part (and for some that is all they want and it works) but be aware of each other's needs!

All the best and enjoy as it is a wonderful lifestyle to raise your children and share with each other.

More
9 years 2 months ago #34797 by JustUsSix
Replied by JustUsSix on topic Hello :)
Hello there,
Just a newbie to all this. We're cautiously looking into purchasing an acre in the country - just want room for the kids and the dog, for vege gardens and trees and flowers, room and space from suburbia (um... we can hear our nieghbours on their X-box while on the 'ahem' loo.... [:I])
We're in the waikato and it seems that the word 'Peat' keeps coming up - we're doing our research but it is feeling all a bit doom and gloom. A property we are looking at has about 1.5 metres of peat on the building site... any one have any comments/experience or thoughts? We'd be grateful.

More
9 years 2 months ago #457802 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Hello :)
Welcome in. :)

Don't bet on not hearing your neighbours on 1 acre!

• Akzle
9 years 2 months ago #457812 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Hello :)
piles. lots of driven piles.

OR

GIB do an excellent "quietline" range and acoustic tiles are readily available...

More
9 years 2 months ago #457820 by JustUsSix
Replied by JustUsSix on topic Hello :)
Thanks Ruth! Don't mind hearing our neighbours... just don't want to hear them while I'm on the loo... ;)

And thanks Akzie.... does that mean money, lots of money??

PS - it's raining! Yeeha!

More
7 years 10 months ago #38048 by wizardspliff
Replied by wizardspliff on topic Hello :)
Hi LSBers!

Just moved from Auckland to my families 20 acres in Canterbury. I'm 31, vegetarian and I'm aiming to produce enough food here so as not to need the supermarket :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #491548 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Hello :)
Welcome and hope it all happens for you!

More
7 years 10 months ago #491549 by Solco
Replied by Solco on topic Hello :)
Welcome - and all the best with your plans!!
....yeah, those supermarkets do suck...[^]

More
7 years 10 months ago #491551 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hello :)
Hiya, wizardspiff and welcome. What part of Canterbury are you? Vegetarian here too. Though not the rest of the family. You'll have a heap of land for growing! I look forward to hearing your progress, spring is upon us, time to get those seedlings going.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds