Mushrooms - to eat or not to eat, that is the question

More
8 years 8 months ago #510716 by kindajojo

muri;513270 wrote: Well, I have to admit that when we lived in Norway we went foraging many weekends and did it by the book.
There are more varieties of mushrooms there than any other plants
We used to come home loaded with different varieties and we found the books really good and useful, but maybe more comprehensive than here
All that stopped after Chernobyl as small plants comprising mainly water ie mosses, berries and mushrooms had really high radiation counts.
I mentioned the mosses not because we ate them but because the reindeer, moose etc live off them and some communities relied solely on these as their meat source

Just back from Norway ......love it there, warm, dry, green...did the train trip to Bergen, beautiful city and the seafood market was amazing..people are friendly, most speak English. .if it wasn't so far away, everyone should go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510775 by peaceandcalm
There are very few types about 5 or so that actually will kill you
It's important if you hunt mushrooms that you would recognize those types ..
Every thing else will either make you sick or holisinate it important to know about those too and very easy to recognize.if you not sure stick to the regular field mushrooms

More
8 years 8 months ago #510790 by igor
That's good to know peaceandcalm. Very reassuring, although it did take me a while to figure out you probably mean hallucinate.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds