Newbie as well..

More
9 years 2 months ago #39584 by Retireing
Newbie as well.. was created by Retireing
Hi everyone :) I,m new to this site but have been in and out of it on the odd occasion looking for helpful hints and advice.So now its time for me to become a member and not"Just help mysef" to the info.....I have already seen some info on the "Tank Vac"...Has anyone purchased this or used it please?..We have a 28000 ltr tank that needs cleaning badly...or any other helpful hints to do this without to much $$$...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #506307 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Newbie as well..
We were going to put in the sort that vacuums up the stuff at the bottom, even bought some of the fittings for it and then, because they are Bailey tanks we bought, we discovered to our disappointment, that the manhole in the top of the tank is far too small to get in, in order to glue the pipe fittings in place. (Couldn't get a stepladder in them either in order to get out again.) Only way we could have done it would have been to have the tank lying on its side before any water went in. So, we just have a first flush which seems to be working very well.
One thing you might be able to do, is get your local rural water guy to vacuum out the tank for you otherwise if you can get in, then step ladders and bucket brigade is one way to deal with it. Self cleaning pipes do work well to lift the rubbish off the bottom. One thing that is essential is it needs to have a small hole drilled at the top of the outlet pipe so that they don't siphon all your water out. They then only work when there is enough rain to fill and overflow the tank. The other thing to consider is that if your overflow runs to a soak, it will clog up eventually with debris and stop functioning well.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 2 months ago #506308 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Newbie as well..
Less pies. I used to be nightshift supervisor at Bailey tanks and whilst it's not easy it's not too bad to get into and out of the tanks (and I'm 6'3 and 93 kilos)

More
9 years 2 months ago #506315 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Newbie as well..
With our concrete water tank, the overflow is near to the manhole, so I didn't have to actually climb inside. I have not actually checked if ours is working, but a guy that I recommended should try it has checked, and he is very pleased with the amount of rubbish that gets sucked out.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds