Moving back HOME!

More
7 years 3 months ago #39311 by Kangiwi
Moving back HOME! was created by Kangiwi
Hi there :) I have been living in Aus for 13 years, i now have an Australian hubby and 2 out of my 4 kids are Australian BUT im bringing them all home and i cant wait.. I have a year to tie up loose ends here and finishing saving for a deposit so we can buy some land to move onto. I want my kids to have the kiwi lifestyle i had growing up in country, building huts, swimming in rivers, and just having a ball! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #503707 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Moving back HOME!
Welcome :-). Any guesses where you want to go to?

More
7 years 3 months ago #503709 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic Moving back HOME!
Good on you :D . All the best!

More
7 years 3 months ago #503712 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Moving back HOME!
Good one! Im an aussie living in NZ with a Kiwi Hubby and Aussie daughter. Moved permanently back 6 1/2 years ago. Its taken a while to settle down for a variety of issues but we both reckon it was a good move to make for a growing teenager.

More
7 years 3 months ago #503747 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Moving back HOME!
Congratulations!
We are also moving back after 10 years in Brisbane. The thing I am most looking forward to is a proper garden where I can grow veggies and old fashioned flowers without everything being fried by the sun, or blighted by the humidity.
Where are you planning to settle?

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
7 years 3 months ago #503774 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Moving back HOME!

Anakei;509926 wrote: Congratulations!
We are also moving back after 10 years in Brisbane. The thing I am most looking forward to is a proper garden where I can grow veggies and old fashioned flowers without everything being fried by the sun, or blighted by the humidity.
Where are you planning to settle?

Hold fast on that thought Anakei re sun not frying everything, Kiwi Hubby says the climate has certainly changed since his days here and its getting warmer... although saying that, still more comfortable than Aussie heat.

More
7 years 3 months ago #503787 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Moving back HOME!

max2;509956 wrote: Hold fast on that thought Anakei re sun not frying everything, Kiwi Hubby says the climate has certainly changed since his days here and its getting warmer... although saying that, still more comfortable than Aussie heat.

Lol I know its been a hot summer in NZ but there's hot and there's HOT

Planted some lettuce, silverbeet and salad stuff in September. Temp was a balmy 22 C. Then a week later it was 40 C :eek: every thing bolted and 3 weeks later I pulled it all out and planted tomatoes. Tomatoes set the first truss of fruit and then shrivelled up and went brown with blight. Ate 3 tomatoes from 6 plants. Pulled the tomatoes out. Garden centre is full of tomatoes peppers and eggplants but even the seedlings there already have blackspot so I'm not getting any replacements. Also peas and beans - not even going there :( Tried melons pumpkins and zucchini - all had powdery mildew in a couple of weeks, hardly any female flowers, grew a couple of misshapen fruit and then carked it. and so it goes on....
I can grow great basil, parsley, rosemary and ginger, but that's about it. Can't wait to get to Rotorua where 24 C is a hot day :D

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds