New member from Te Mata

More
9 years 3 months ago #39276 by catherinelee33
Hi everyone,
Well been here a couple of weeks. Harvesting lots of tomatoes, beans and zucchini planted by the previous owners. We have moved here from Auckland, and bought a property with about an acre of Covenanted bush, an acre of paddock and an acre of garden and lawns. I'm doing a Permaculture certificate course next month. It's a steep learning curve!
Regards
Catherine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #503385 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic New member from Te Mata
Welcome Catherine. Hope your enjoying your jump in at the deep end learning curb. We jumped in two years ago or so. I am loving growing things. You will enjoy this site and all its helpfulness.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 3 months ago #503394 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New member from Te Mata
Welcome. Te Mata on the Thames Coast, or elsewhere?

More
9 years 3 months ago #503684 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic New member from Te Mata
There is Te Mata near Raglan, TeMata down Hastings way, and Thames coast as well, so give us a clue as to which one it is?

More
9 years 3 months ago #503799 by catherinelee33
Sorry just worked out how to see answers! Te Mata near Raglan. Have a lovely view of Mt Karioi from the house and a peep of the sea from the paddock. The neighbour who is a great organiser has organised another neighbour's Dexters (three cows and three calves) to graze the paddock. They are such beautiful animals. We are desperate for rain here though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More
9 years 2 months ago #504599 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic New member from Te Mata
WE had the farm at the top end of Newton road, which is called Fallsview Farm, and of course if you are standing at the top of the bridal Veil falls, you are looking straight at our old farm, 870 acres, we had 2000 sheep, oveer 200 goats, mostly ferals, and some Angoras, and 400 angus cattle, plus also bred Appaloosa horses, and stood three stallions at the farm, had open days with over 50 Appaloosa on the farm, and in Ponds Road, there was a QH stud and they would also open up and between us there would be 200 or 300 people out to see the horses. But time goes on, and hubby got sick, so sold out and have brought 50 acres not far from the Morman Temple near Hamilton. When we went there, I think we were about the 3rd family to shift into the area, and all the rest seemed to be related to each other, now things, have changed, and its different, which road are you on? PM me if you like!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds