Looking for Firewood Logs in the Wairarapa

More
7 years 4 months ago #39207 by muzza60
Hi from a new member of LSB. Have been on a hectare a couple of kms out of Carterton for about 3 threes and a subscriber to the magazine for as long. Only getting around to the technology side of things!

Run a few chooks, a couple of goats, one sow, a free-range guinea pig and had a couple of steers until recently when they were home killed. Loving the lifestyle.

I found a post from sod in 2010 who said that you can get truckloads of logs for firewood in the Wairarapa. I'm having trouble finding a supplier. Can anyone from the region point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #502767 by Mich
Hi Muzza60 - welcome to the forum. Sorry, can't help with a supplier, but I'm sure someone will be along to give you some information. Have you tried asking your rural supply store? They can be a hive of local knowledge.

I'm trying to imagine a free-range guinea pig on a LSB. :-) Glad you're enjoying the life, and I hope you'll join in the forum discussions.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
7 years 4 months ago #502778 by muzza60
Cheers Mich. Appreciate your advice and encouragement. :)

Regards, Murray

More
7 years 3 months ago #503654 by sod
Murry sorry been hunting around and this is a bad year for getting them, 3 places we know are short even the mill up near here is hard up for log ends as you may have heard they are having a big down turn at moment. We got in very early and got ours but that suppy has finished early this year too. Sorry, hope you have found something.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds