Hello from TinyLiving

More
9 years 6 months ago #39040 by TinyLiving
Hi there, I am very interested in tiny living on a lifestyle block, I am in the process of designing my own tiny house and would love some input on lifestyle blocks, their use and self sustainability.
Cheers leon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #501296 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Hello from TinyLiving
Hi Leon - welcome to the site. How wonderful that you're designing your tiny house - the ones I've seen and read about are amazing in how functional and creative they can be. Look forward to hearing more about that as you go through the process.

As mentioned in another post, there is a lot of information on this site about small (and larger) blocks and the degree that people achieve a level of self-sustainability. Much has been covered in previous posts so take a good look at the archives and the Lifestyle Files section. This will help define any questions so that we can help you as much as possible. In my experience forum members are very friendly and willing to share their experiences, contacts and suggestions, so I'm sure you'll get some very helpful answers to questions.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
9 years 6 months ago #501314 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Hello from TinyLiving
And hello to you too :D

I love to hear about people who are doing something different and I'm fascinated by the tiny living concept. I really look forward to hearing about your progress.
What area are you in or where are you planning to settle?

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
9 years 6 months ago #501316 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hello from TinyLiving
Fortunes can be made from a small area, but you have to find something that no-one has and everyone wants ..... and then change to another "not have but want" just before everyone else gets into it. A very few fortunes have been made, but mostly losses. Examples are angora goats, boer goats, deer, wasabi, tea, ostriches and emus, llamas and alpacas, rabbit farming, various fungi including truffles, tobacco, hops, race horses. Something that has only been done in a small way but has potential is snail farming if you could make a grape leaf and herb pellet that they would thrive on all year round.
So, welcome and good luck, but don't expect any income until it actually arrives.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds