Hello!

More
9 years 1 month ago #39020 by Carmel1961
Hello! was created by Carmel1961
I am from Rosebank, NSW in Australia. I have a bit of a menagerie and found the forum discussions helpful. I have a 5 month ewe lamb, wormed and inoculated, and has come up,with a swollen cheek. I've not got close enough yet to look inside her mouth. There doesn't appear to be any cuts or grazes on the outside. Any insights? The flock is only 12 and they are Suffolk. I have photos but not sure how to post them yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #501100 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hello!
Welcome, and hopefully you will find some help.
Where was the inoculation done? If it was done in the cheek, which is one of the recommended places, then the second of the essential two may well be the cause.
How long ago was it wormed? Drench only remains active for a very short time ..... and then, only if it is effectively working. "Bottle Jaw" is a swelling under the jaw that is an indication of worms, and if the lamb has a dirty bum with soft poo, then it very probably needs another drench, or a drench with a different type of active ingredient. Are you able to get Faecal Egg Counts done? If some eggs are found then she has worms, and if she has a dirty bum but no eggs are found then she also probably has worms. Talk to your sheep vet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds