karenb

More
7 years 5 months ago #39013 by karenb
karenb was created by karenb
.... I have another question!!!
we have 3 promax corrugated water tanks.
Has anyone every had any issues with putting them 1000m in the ground? (our plumber is recommending that we don't bury them, but others suggest its fine, and we'd like them as 'out of the way' as much as possible)
Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #501057 by belinda_h
Replied by belinda_h on topic karenb
1000m might be a bit deep? I think the main issue would be finding someone who could dig a 1km hole . . .

More
7 years 5 months ago #501058 by rider1803
Replied by rider1803 on topic karenb
hehe i presume you mean 1m?
I would contact the manufacturer, they will be able to tell you definitively the answer to that question.
I presume that your plumber says not to incase there is ever a problem with a fitting or pipe, makes access much harder.
Most people I know who don't want to "see" their water tank put a screen up with some plantings.

Confirmed horse addict.

More
7 years 5 months ago #501062 by kai
Replied by kai on topic karenb
what is corrugated water?

More
7 years 5 months ago #501077 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic karenb
We have corrugated water in most of our streams. It's special, but quite common. When you put it in a tank, you have to add wobbly sides, otherwise it straightens out and becomes ordinary.

More
7 years 5 months ago #501078 by kai
Replied by kai on topic karenb
Aha, we only have corrugated water in our stream when it is in flood, perhaps I should harvest it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #501164 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic karenb

karenb;506874 wrote: .... I have another question!!!
we have 3 promax corrugated water tanks.
Has anyone every had any issues with putting them 1000m in the ground? (our plumber is recommending that we don't bury them, but others suggest its fine, and we'd like them as 'out of the way' as much as possible)
Thanks again!

Karen, not all tanks are built the same. unless a tank is built to be used as an underground storage, then it probably is not suited to sustain the added pressure of the earth around and over it and will cave in the first time it's empty. Promax has a special model for inground storage, and it's not the corrugate one.

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds