Hi a quick intro..

More
7 years 7 months ago #38812 by AprilB
Hi a quick intro.. was created by AprilB
We have a 6 acre block in Rangitikei..its come along way but still along way to go..we have been looking at this site for sometime now so thought it was time to actually register.. looking for low maintenance animals to have on the land..that wont push over our fragile fencing..lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #499030 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hi a quick intro..
Hi AprilB and welcome. This is a great site isn't it. Fragile fences! Dogs and cats! I'd be worried about putting anything behind fragile fences. One has a responsibility to the animals the neighbours and the traffic. Chickens maybe? Best of luck.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 7 months ago #499043 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Hi a quick intro..
Hi and welcome AprilB :)

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

More
7 years 7 months ago #499046 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hi a quick intro..
Welcome. Our road boundary fences were very fragile for many years, but with a single electrified wire I never had a cow go through them. I have now re-newed these fences because they would not hold the goats :-(. Thus, if your cattle are electric fence trained, a single wire will keep most of them in. Cull urgently the ones that "sniff" at the wire to see if it is on, or that jump, before they teach the others.

More
7 years 7 months ago #499067 by belinda_h
Replied by belinda_h on topic Hi a quick intro..
Hi April.
Where in Rangitikei are you? I'm down at Kakariki, Remrem is up the road at Greatford, and there's quite a crew between here and PN, so lots of friendly folk.
Belinda

More
7 years 7 months ago #499076 by AprilB
Replied by AprilB on topic Hi a quick intro..
Hi Belinda, we are just out of Hunterville

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds