Finally got my lifestyle block, kind of....

More
7 years 7 months ago #38705 by Aquila
Was on here a while ago, the dream of a lsb went out the window so I left. After a marriage breakup I'm flatting on 7 acres out Rolleston way and loving it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497950 by Mich
Hi Aquila - welcome back. I remember you. Really glad to hear you're loving where you are at the moment. Tell us more about it.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497954 by Deanna
Hi Aquila, I remember you. Sorry to hear that. But I'm glad your happy where you are, tell us more. I'm just up the road at Dunsandel.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497956 by Aquila
I'm on two chain road, Rolleston. Flatmate owns the place. I've got the waterpump set properly, paddocks being irrigated and managed for a mix of ewes and lambs totalling 14 in number and one horse, half a dozen chooks, one cat and one dog.

Currently between colonies of bees, mine died out at the end of winter as I didn't have the hive handy and couldn't inspect it regularly. Victims of my marriage breakup unfortunately.

Working as an irrigation technician and loving it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497958 by Deanna
She sounds a very lucky flatmate then Aquila. We are just off the Dunsandel/Hororata Rd. I am concerned about the predicted dry summer here. Out of 4 hives I lost one last year. I am lucky to have a Bee Keeper neighbour. We have split a good healthy hive to replace it this year. I don't know why I struggle so much to learn about my bees, why when it comes to chickens and sheep, it all sinks in easily. And I love my bees, it just seems more complicated. We have a small irrigation sprinkler, but I'm sure the water should shoot out better than it does, the neighbours certainly does and its the same one.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497961 by Aquila
Yes my male townie Flatmate is very lucky to have me.

Could come have a look next weekend if you'd like, have my daughter this weekend

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds