New to Lifestyle in Rotorua

More
7 years 9 months ago #38304 by pjhain12
Hi, my wife and I have just bought a 2 acre lifestyle block in Hamurana, Rotorua. We have just returned from living in big ugly cities in Asia, and are loving the new space and fresh air. We have just over an acre in a fenced (ranch style wooden fence) paddock, which is a little hilly, but has lots of good grass on it. We would like advice on what we should put in the paddock? Low maintenance as we have twin babies and they take up a lot of time. Hopefully something that could full the freezer later on, but we are very much beginners.

Thanks for any guidance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #494080 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic New to Lifestyle in Rotorua
Welcome to the site, guys, you've got a great adventure ahead of you on your land :D

Two acres is a good size - how many paddocks/is most of it in paddocks/grazing?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
7 years 9 months ago #494090 by pjhain12
Reggit, approx 1 acre has house, gardens, lawns and chook house, ans 1 acre is a single fenced paddock. Any suggestions?

More
7 years 9 months ago #494183 by Kinickles
2 sheep

More
7 years 9 months ago #494315 by LongRidge
I would go for 3 sheep, so that you don't have to kill both sheep at the same time. With 3, you can kill all 3 if desired, or just one so that the other has company. A lone sheep is a lonely, and sad, sheep.

More
7 years 9 months ago #494494 by Baroque
Replied by Baroque on topic New to Lifestyle in Rotorua
2 or 3 sheep preferably something easy to manage like Arapawas :D but you will need some sort of yards.

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds