New to Mangawhai - Are there any food forest/permaculture Groups/ members in the area

More
7 years 10 months ago #38216 by Hedonista Perfumery
Hi everyone, we have recently moved from a frost free spot on the port hills in CHCH to 3 acres in Mangawhai -We are establishing a food forest + a perfumery of fragrant plants here. Our soil here is mainly heavy boggy clay so have bought in some compost & bark mulch.
We are new to most subtropical plants and to the seemingly constant wet of winter, we won't be planting any delicates until it dries out and warms up a bit!
Does anyone know of any local permaculture/ organic/biodynamic/etc groups in the area? -Just Missed out on an astronomy/biodynamic event in Mangawhai as we didn't know it was on, Have just joined Northland tree coppers, would love to get involved with other local people/ groups.
Fragrant Regardshttp://www.hedonistaperfumery.com
Sandi
Hedonista Artisan Perfumers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #493224 by muri
Welcome
I assume you were referring perhaps to the Kaipara Bio-Dynamic Group with regards to the astrology. They are very active with monthly meetings and well worth joining. You can PM me if you want their contact details and cant find them.
There is a lot of permaculture activity around your area, your best bet may be to go to some of the markets and talk to people, unless there is anyone here directly involved.

More
7 years 7 months ago #497902 by Hedonista Perfumery
Thanks, I have found the Biodynamic group, - wondering if there are any others as well up here

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds