plse help with my 2 chooks

More
7 years 10 months ago #38055 by donnanz
hi all im Donna, im wanting to no if any one can help me with 2 chooks i rescued thay were very under wieght and being picked on by other chooks i have had them 5 weeks thay have put on wieght but still are like thay are drunk and blind im hand feeding 4 times daily but have got to this stage one still wont stand and i have to show them were food and water is would it be best for them to be put down im at a loss as to wot to do now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #491608 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic plse help with my 2 chooks
Hi and welcome,
Sorry, I can't help, but if you look here there is a list of questions about sick chooks that make it possible for those with the knowledge to be more helpful.
Maybe you could try posting your question, (and all the information asked for), in the Your Place section where it might be seen by more people too.

More
7 years 10 months ago #491613 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic plse help with my 2 chooks
Hi and welcome donnanz. What are you feeding them firstly?

If they are not standing and acting blind I would suspect they are weak and under weight as you say, and you probably need to give them a very nutritious type of feed, with plenty of protein and fat. If you have not already tried, give them wet cat or dog food mixed with whatever chook food the others get.

If they are not interested in either looking for food or eating it themselves it might be too late to save them.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds