Certified Hippie

More
9 years 6 months ago #38000 by permaculturegeek
Hi,

Our family bought a 0.7Ha block on the slopes of the Pouakai ranges in Taranaki about three years ago. We are 100 metres from the national park and bordered by protected bush on every side but the road. We are 450 metres up - some of the highest cultivated land in the region, and as you can imagine, the 10km views down to the coast are stunning. The land was cheap because the power lines finish 2km away - but we always wanted to be off-grid.
We are busy trialling crops to see what grows best with the shorter season and high (about 4 metres!) rainfall.
Business commitments have forced our building plans on hold, so after we sold up in town we moved to a house in the Eco Community directly across the road!

Now for a question: The community has a cottage available. Your classifieds don't seem to have a "for rent" category, so is it okay if I place an "ad" for it as a forum post? (The Community is, of course, non-profit, and I am now Chairperson of the Trust).

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #491054 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Certified Hippie
Hi, Richard -- welcome to the forum, and good luck with your quest! Can't help with the classified, I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone in the know will come along soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds