Looking for the lifestyle

More
7 years 11 months ago #37969 by Knotwood
Hi all Mike here just a quick introduction, moved last year from Ohakune ski town to the winter-less north, 'Kaipara Harbour', we moved a house onto our 5 acre block, built a garage/shed started a wooden signs business, now we are turning our little slice of heaven into a food forest wonderland, but taking baby steps 1/4 acre at a time :)
I will talk to you soon, hopefully get some advice and maybe pass some on too.

Fully stocked life, with one wife, 4 kids, 4 Steers, 11 Sheep, 3 Ducks one 5 acre permaculture block in progress & one business woodensigns.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490608 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Looking for the lifestyle
Welcome to the forum, Mike! Good luck with everything, baby steps is a really good way to go.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490627 by kernels
Replied by kernels on topic Looking for the lifestyle
Hi Mike, welcome, love the signs!

More
7 years 11 months ago #490637 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Looking for the lifestyle
Hi Mike and welcome, sorry been busy looking at your great signs! :D

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490798 by Knotwood
Replied by Knotwood on topic Looking for the lifestyle
Thanks, I did 20 years in traditional signage, now me and laura are looking to simply get a lifestyle rather than slogging it out, wooden signs looked to be the best option and fits in with our ethics, as i can just compost the shavings down and free compost no waste, we put cow poop in with the shavings thou for nitrogen.

Fully stocked life, with one wife, 4 kids, 4 Steers, 11 Sheep, 3 Ducks one 5 acre permaculture block in progress & one business woodensigns.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds