Newbie Awhitu Peninsula, Waiuku

More
7 years 11 months ago #37918 by Nicky Noodles
Hi Everybody

I came across your site when I was looking for information on woodstove burner/cookers, and which would be the best to fuel both home heating (radiators, wetback etc..) and was also good for cooking. So far we had liked the Homewood, but not sure if it will have the right amount of Kw to do all this. Anyway to give you a little information of where I am at, we have 40 acres on the Awhitu Peninsula but we are still living in town (Waiuku) as it is still a bare block. My husband and I (Paul) are in the process of taking on the project of building an Earth House, which we are very excited about:) ( Ill let you know how our excitement meter fairs, once we are fully immersed[:0]:confused: in all the trials and tribulations lol). We have two girls 10 and 12 and 1 cat at this stage and we are just itching to get on the land (shed living for a little while). So this forum Im hoping will allow us to get some great information from others living the dream.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490008 by Ruth
Welcome to the forum. :) Good luck with the project.

I have some friends out there who've complained about the extraordinary lack of rain during much of the last year. Funny old climate.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490016 by max2
Nice spot!

More
7 years 11 months ago #490315 by Baroque
Welcome aboard!

Take your time getting onto your property and sorting out what animals etc you need, get a feel for the property first before you step out and buy stock as you need to know if you will be running too many animals before you run out of grass! [;)]

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

More
7 years 11 months ago #490316 by muri
My tenant imports english wood stoves with ovens and has stalled one in the house she is moving into.
You can PM me if you are interested and I will pass her contact details on to you if you would like

More
7 years 10 months ago #490883 by Peterkit03
Welcome to LSB, we got good people here with tonnes of knowledge. ( not me newbie myself) :D

More
7 years 10 months ago #490886 by Deanna
Welcome Nicky Noodles. We are putting in the Homewood Heritage very shortly. Running it with wet back but no radiators. I would contact the company, as they are very helpful and will even put you in touch with someone else who has a system like you'd like. :)

Your future endeavours sound very exciting!

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds