hi there

More
7 years 6 months ago #39028 by PeterC
Replied by PeterC on topic hi there
I have inherited two corridale x lambs - they are on our block in Checiot and I need to know more about drenching and vacinations.:confused:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #501186 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic hi there
...I assume they are at least 4 months old.. So they should have had or will need two shots of vaccine 5 in one ...you can sometimes get single doses from the vet or borrow some off another LSB or farmer. The shots are required 4 to six weeks apart.
If thye have been recently weaned, they may also need a drench, again the vet may provide single doses...you will need to weight them. You can do it on bathroom scales if you need to. However if they look healthy, no scouring and pooping pellets they may be ok... Check the poop and you may see segments of tape worm ....if there is lots and the lambs are a bit scrawny they will need a drench. You can get a FEC a done but for two sheep hardly worth it
What is the fate of these sheep, ........if you are going to put them in the freezer in the next month or so ....it's probably not worth vaccinating.

More
7 years 6 months ago #501201 by PeterC

kindajojo;507050 wrote: ...I assume they are at least 4 months old.. So they should have had or will need two shots of vaccine 5 in one ...you can sometimes get single doses from the vet or borrow some off another LSB or farmer. The shots are required 4 to six weeks apart.
If thye have been recently weaned, they may also need a drench, again the vet may provide single doses...you will need to weight them. You can do it on bathroom scales if you need to. However if they look healthy, no scouring and pooping pellets they may be ok... Check the poop and you may see segments of tape worm ....if there is lots and the lambs are a bit scrawny they will need a drench. You can get a FEC a done but for two sheep hardly worth it
What is the fate of these sheep, ........if you are going to put them in the freezer in the next month or so ....it's probably not worth vaccinating.

Thanks for the reply.
These two are not for the freezer.
Both are about 6 months old.
Certainly in good nick.
Poop is looking good.
No scouring at all.
Eating grass well and are drinking water well.
They were drenched by the former owners last week and I took them as they were always out of water - they look surprisingly well.
Ideally - I am looking at building a shelter in their paddock, plenty of feed, then the neighbours ram can have a look at see what happens after that.

More
7 years 6 months ago #501210 by PeterC

PeterC;507030 wrote: I have inherited two corridale x lambs - they are on our block in Checiot and I need to know more about drenching and vacinations.:confused:

I should introduce myself.
Peter and partner.
Working in Christchurch.
Family and "the Block" in Cheviot.
Small block. Vintage Pear and Plum trees all need trimming. we have planted the traditional peach, nectrine, sturmer apples, spuds and garlic then inherited the sheep.... great area, fantastic people, wonderful views.

More
7 years 3 months ago #506369 by Willett
Replied by Willett on topic Hi there
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Rosey - good luck :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #506411 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hi there
All the best with finding rural again.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 3 months ago #506414 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Hi there
I see the original post was from over two years ago! therefore not sure where she eventually moved to?

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
7 years 3 months ago #506608 by sohrab
Replied by sohrab on topic Hi there
I want someone to just look after my land, and there is no charge for 1 or two horse grazing.
- Land size is about 2,000 sqm (empty) one section land, no property as of yet there and it is located in Tokoroa. If anyone is interested please let me know.
- Land is locked and got exit on both sides, with gates. Going to put a new padlock, and it's currently fully fenced.
- there is a big garage so the horse can stay over-night if owner wants to lock that garage. Happy to support installing a padlock, not sure how much that's going to cost as the moment there is no padlock and i think the garage door is broken (so if owner is happy to contribute would be good but I'm happy to consider fixing that not part of this free deal).

If anyone is interested, please me know. Sohrab 021 804 106

Condition: Must look after the land, make sure grass doesn't grow very high and/or neighbour doesn't complain.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds