hi there

More
10 years 10 months ago #28318 by knezel712
Hi there was created by knezel712
My name is John and I am from Wanaka I live with my 2 roommates and I like to grow my own vegetables but i´ :D m a amateur so I would love to learn some inside knowledge from this board!

thanks people!

www.islandgames.co.nz by kiwi's for kiwi's ! [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387426 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Hi there
Hi knezel712, welcome to the site. Lots of knowledgeable people here!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 4 months ago #30837 by Sezbunny
Replied by Sezbunny on topic Hi there
Hey everyone!
Well we've recently (a year ago) moved into a little house on my parents dairy farm, at the moment we only have a back yard and a front yard but one day hoping to push dads fence back a little to make use of some of the paddock (do you think he will notice?)

My bf and I have 1 hunting dog (Abby), 1 newish kitten (Sabine) Sabs for short! And 4 chooks, Penny, Joyce, Beatrice and Gretyl.

In our little back yard we manage to cram the chook house, the dog kennel, the big-ish vege garden (including a row of tyres growing veges! Grapes and a few fruit trees with still a reasonable sized lawn area. Meanwhile in our front yard we have my herb garden and the flower garden with a few roses! We are hoping to build a fishpond out there to, before Summer ends.
I love new ideas so I am sure I am going to love this website/forum!! [;)]

4 beautiful chooks, 1 cruisey dog and 1 very hypo kitten [8D]
www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-word-art-by-...Jane/148811415186899

More
9 years 4 months ago #34304 by Lillington-Rice
Replied by Lillington-Rice on topic Hi there
My name is Rosey, used to live on 10 acres in Waimauku,but moved to town for my 2 daughters, we have 3 dogs,4 cats,a couple of lovebirds & bruce the rabbit...and 1 beautiful gelding now a paddock ornament on a friends farm...Our landlord just informed me he is selling the house and we have 3 months to move...so we decided that we want to go back rural...( I have popped a wanted advert in the classified :-) ) I loved the life, loved the hard work and I meet so many wondeful people...one of the things I miss about living rural, is people actually talk to each other and neighbours help out...after living in town, I don't even know the neighbours,which is sad...
Anyway, if everything goes well we will be back renting a wee farmette soon :-)

• Akzle
9 years 4 months ago #452631 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Hi there
niceone!

More
8 years 17 hours ago #37854 by Kate B
Replied by Kate B on topic Hi there
Thought I would say "Hi" to you all.
Not got a LSB yet, hunting for the right place, somewhere around the Napier area. Finding things around the 1.5ha or over 20ha, we would like around the 4ha mark.
We have horses and my life long dream is to have a very large formal garden.
What do you think is the best website for finding LSB? and any basic buying advice, things you would have liked to have known before you bought?
many thanks, Kate

More
8 years 14 hours ago #489314 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Hi there
Hi, Kate B - welcome to the forum. I don't really have any advice for you, as not familiar with the area at all, and haven't been in the LSB hunting mode in a long time.

More
8 years 14 hours ago #489318 by Kate B
Thanks Andrea, I just want to get started, had plans for a massive garden project for 20 years, its going to happen!!!

More
8 years 10 hours ago #489332 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hi there
Hi and welcome Kate B. I'm not much help either as I have never done it, we found ours when looking at properties in a specific price range. I hope you find what your looking for and get that garden growing. All the best. :)

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 11 months ago #489373 by Baroque
Replied by Baroque on topic Hi there
Hi Kate B and welcome to lsb!

With horses you'll want to have plenty of paddock space for grazing rotation, and then you'll have to figure in outbuildings and the space for your gardens so don't go too small in land area.

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

More
7 years 11 months ago #489387 by Kate B
Thanks all and nice to be here!

More
7 years 11 months ago #489426 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Hi there
hi kate b

assume you have been on trademe looking?.. and I agree with baroque.. get more land than you think you will need.. when we got our LSB 10 acres seemed HUGE..but it has shrunk over the years.. horses, garden,barn,chooks and a couple of beefies and I could do with double the size..

don't suppose you want a lsb be in Kumeu by chance? set up for horses ( stables/arena ) and 1.5 acre garden :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #489439 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Hi there
Around Napier is a good area for that dream garden. Soil's good, climate's good. Hope you can find the right property to live those dreams.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 11 months ago #489465 by Baroque
Replied by Baroque on topic Hi there
My experience with buying land is to look at what you think you want and double it as you'll invariably find that you want to expand into something else and you will be disappointed if you don't have enough land!

Farms with lots of outbuildings are a godsend and make sure you get something which has a driveway and access set up for trucks as you will often need to be able to get contractors on and off the property so design it well to begin with and you'll have great results.

Then look at the fencing and water. [;)] After of course looking at the land quality and deciding if its right for what you want to do with it. You can always add to the house or modify it but the land is always the same.

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

More
7 years 11 months ago #37882 by doki86
Replied by doki86 on topic hi there
Hello everyone. We are a couple who is new to the website Helper. We are interested in this membership that is paid. Is this some kind of scam. We had a really bad experience., And I tell you: Do you host, put paid to it

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds