Introducing Myself

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #37696 by ChookChic
Introducing Myself was created by ChookChic
Hi there.

I'm Michaela (pronounced mick-EYE-la, everyone who sees it written [and even after I pronounce it orally to them] pretty much says mick-AY-la. Drives me nuts.....lol).

I'm currently in town (Gisborne), but have lived in the country before. I love gardening (fruit, vegetables and flowers. I also love animals, as I imagine pretty much all of you do!

I'm about to get some chickens and thought I should join a group to help me with information I might need to care for them properly. We had chickens when we lived rurally, but it was a while ago, and I don't remember worming or delousing them (perhaps my efficient husband did that!).

I look forward to meeting you all over time.

Cheers,

Michaela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #487874 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Introducing Myself
Welcome to the forum. Name mispronunciation is a hazard of the internet in particular. I used to be Isla (Eye-la) and many people presumed I was Izz-la. My partner is Stephan (Steven, essentially; they were in Wales, so it might have been a softish ph consonant but his mother said his father just spelt it wrong) and half the world, having realised how he spells his name, now calls him Steffarrrrrn. Even when we introduce him, if they've seen it written down they'll persist with that weird f and ar business.

Silliest joke I've seen recently was a report (could be urban myth) of a restaurant waiter whom, upon being told someone's name was Stephen with a ph, wrote on the bill Phteven. :D:D:D:D

Phtephan and his family who couldn't spell, also used to live in Gisborne. His dad was a vet long ago.

Never get too attached to a chicken; like sheep, they tend to look for ways to mysteriously die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds